Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's Have Tea ...

I made this for my good friend, Tracy, today!  She is a nurse and was kind enough to sit with me at the hospital several weeks ago when my hubby had his cardiac catherization ... she held my hand, we talked about stamping ... she tried to take my mind off of what was going on in the operating room with my guy!  For that I will be forever grateful and I'm treating her to a {Tea Party} -- just my little way to show my sincere appreciation for being such a wonderful friend to me when I needed a friend the most!


I used one of my favie sets from WMS called Afternoon Tea to stamp the sentiment.  The DSP is from Girls' Paperie ... I die cut the sweet little tea cup using one of the floral patterned papers, adhered a button and a pretty little satin flower!  I tied this tea cup tag onto the nosegay with some pretty blue baker's twine and added a paper doilie, blue trinket pin and pretty glittered flower from Prima.


Thanks for peeking in today at my sweet little creation!  Can't wait to have tea and scones with Tracy!!

Hope you're having a wonderfully stampy day :)

Challenges for this card: 

The Shabby Tea Room #57 - doilies and lace
Really Reasonable Ribbons #21 - dies or punches and ribbon
Tuesday Throwdown #44 - sparkle and bling
Stamptacular Sunday #106 - girls & swirls

13 comments:

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Such a pretty card Debbie! Love the pennant flag and flower... :)

Dan said...

Such a pretty card, and a perfect expression of the "tea" theme! :) The Design Team are really pleased that you joined us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge this week - Thank you!

Romaine said...

Ohhhh, once again sooooooo. Beautiful!

Sheri said...

Wow! Love those flowers and colors! Wish I was home crafting :-). This is just beautiful!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that rose is so lovely, looks just like the real thing! The colors on this are so soft and soothing, what a beautiful card for your friend!

Bron said...

I just love your card it is just gorgeous. Your flower and design of the card are just divine. Thanks for joining us at stamptacular Sunday challenges this week we hope to see you again soon. Hugs from Bron

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This card is so pretty - your friend will love it! I love the banner and the colors are beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Waltzingmouse Sketch this week!

Heather said...

Beautiful Card Debbie...I saw it at the "Floursihes Challenge"..just had to see it. Love the colors and the overall feel of this card. Gives me those Happy spring feelings :-)
hugs~

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful project! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Danielle Richard said...

Wow this card is sooo beautiful...Love that rose...I could almost smell it; it looks so real. Thanks for playing along at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.

Beth said...

She sounds like a lovely lady and this is such a perfect card! I love the pretty flower bundle! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious Challenge!

Love Beth xx

Suzanne said...

Beautiful card, very elegant.
Thanks for joining in with us at Truly Scrumptious this week and Good Luck.
Hugs Sue x

Makiko Jones said...

Debbie, this is so fabulous! The banner is wonderful and pretty shabby chic style! Thank you for playing the FTTC with us.