Saturday, April 30, 2011

Let the My Time Made Easy PEEKS Begin!

Hello everyone and welcome to the second day of peeks for the My Time Made Easy May Release!  I know I say this each and every month, but THIS month you are all in for such a fantastic TREAT!  When I think that Lauren simply cannot top her incredible designs for the current month ... the following month she just blows me away with another wonderful template, fab stamps and pretty papers!

Without further ado ... here we GO!  I am tickled pink to introduce you all to the OH BEE HIVE template ...

... now, what is that you said???  That doesn't look like a Bee Hive to you?  You're absolutely right ... it's a minature wedding cake all decorated to the hilt with little bits and bobs of treasures and love!  SWOON!!


My in-laws 50th wedding anniversary is this August and my hubby and my 25th wedding anniversary is this September, so we collectivelly decided as a family (14 of us!) to surprise the parents and treat them to a family vacation at Disney this December ... during Christmas week when all the gorgeous decorations are up on display!  I simply cannot wait!  My hubby and I will be traveling down ahead of the rest of the family to spend three glorious days ourselves at the Grand Floridian Resort ... a Victorian-inspired dream resort that takes all its visitors back in time to a grand by-gone day when ladies wore gowns and gentlemen wore top hats!  Should be so romantic and special!  Then we'll spend another three days with the entire family from NY, NC and FL park hopping and celebrating - staying at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort ... and planning a Disney Dinner Celebration at one of the park's grand restaurants to commemorate these two special events!

So, onto my project ... one of my favie shows is DC Cupcakes based upon the Georgetown Cupcake Shop in Washington, DC.  We have plans this summer to travel there as well to order up a few handmade cupcakes from Sophie and Katheryn - LIVE!  A few episodes ago I watched the girls make miniature cupcake wedding cakes and the light bulb went on in my little ol' head!  I had just received my assignments from Lauren with all the new in May goodies and as soon as I saw the Bee Hive template, I knew right away I was going to make a miniature wedding cake ... and have these 'favors' sitting at each couple's place setting for the family anniversary dinner at Disney!!!


I cut out all the templates pieces with my Cricut and then embossed the white cardstock with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder from SU! -- I have to tell you that this 'cake' looks so REAL in person with all that elaborate embossing ... you could just eat it up!  Next I spritzed the entire 'cake' with Pearl Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels to create a soft shimmer over all the 'icing' and give it a realistic look!  Next was the fun part ... adding the 'fondant' decorations!  I hand rolled 24 crepe paper flowers (yep, a fun project to do while watching soaps in the afternoon!) and attached them to the cake.  I adhered some pink pearl strings to look like 'piped icing' a few blue pearls, pink berries and another larger, handmade crepe paper flower on the top of the 'cake' with some white tinsel and glittered paper leaves.  WOWOWOWOWOW ... the pictures just do not do this little sweetie justice!



Next I set to work to create a matching card ... not sure if I'll give it to my in-laws or my hubby yet!  I created a tiny celebration banner using the amazing Monograms Defined stamp set!  That pretty little butterfly is from the Bold Botanicals stamp set ... I stamped it, cut it out, folded it in half to create dimension, adhered it to the card and sugared its wings with glitter!


I stamped, colored with pastels and then added some 'sugar' glitter to the pretty tulip image from the {new} Bee Loved stamp set and then added the gorgeous sentiment on the bottom of the card using the {new} Bee Loved Sentiments stamp set!



{Sigh} ... so soft, shabby and pretty!



And here is my pretty little set ... so soft, so shabby -- created with love in anticipation of a wonderful celebration of 'love through the years'!!  25 years is an accomplishment ... 50 years is amazing!

I was also inspired by all the hupla going on this week with the Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate!  My hubby and I attended an antique show Friday morning, so my DVR was on notice to tape the wedding festivities so I could watch it all from start to finish when I got home!  Simply breathtaking!

Be sure to visit these other MTME Girlies' blogs for more inspiration using the Bee Hive template ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Debbie Marcinkiewicz (you are here!)
Monique Hansen

... and then be sure to pop on over to the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY to see what the rest of the team has been up to for our exciting May Release!

Thanks so much for peeking in today and allowing me to share my miniature wedding cake project with you!

Challenges for this project:

The Shabby Tea Room #59 - butterfly wishes
Moxie Fab World - Tissue Paper Magic
Die Cut Dreams #88 - wedding
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - spring colors
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Stamptacular Sunday #108 - 5 layers
4 Crafty Chicks - distressing
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - try something new (template)

15 comments:

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

OMG! This is so beautiful! love all your projects Debbie TFS! :)

Nancy said...

WOW - WOW- WOW - WOW!!!!!!! No other words needed, really. But I will manage to congratulate your parents on their 50th! (my parents and my in-laws have their 50th anniversaries in September... my in-laws have been married 6 days longer than my parents. Also, my hubby and I just had our 26th anniversary last week.) And congratulations to you and your hubby for reaching your 25th. These types of marriages don't just happen by accident. I hope you all celebrate in style! And with these centerpieces, it will be done in style! Amazing job!

angelwhispers said...

This is just so beautiful and what a perfect Wedding Cake!! Hope you don't think I'm daft but when I went over to get the template I couldn't find it can you let me know when it will be on the site to purchase? Love Chanelle xxx

Catherine Doucette said...

Beautiful, Debbie! And I love DC Cupcakes too :0)

Amy said...

As soon as I saw this template on Lauren's blog I thought "wedding cake"! Both these projects are utterly gorgeous! Happy anniversary to you and your DH and in-laws and have a BLAST at WDW!

Debbie said...

Wow Debbie this these are adorable, well done using a template as the try something new, great you joined in at Sweet Stamping, good luck. Debbiexx

Fiona said...

amazing...what a great cake, so much work and I love all those little flowers. thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

Becky Halfhill said...

I love your little wedding cake! A perfect favor for sure!! Your card is stunning too!

Sheri said...

This is AMAZING! I just don't know where you find the time?!?!

Elizabeth Hart said...

This in so incredible. I swear I have come back and looked at it several times just trying to take in how beautiful and creative it is.

Stampin' Pam said...

Oh my gosh - this cake is just scrumptious - love the pink and blue flowers - the pearls. Just beautiful. You card is precious too. AND congrats on 25 years.

Evgenia said...

Breathtaking! LOVE it!
Thank you for playing with us at Die Cut Dreams Club!

Hugs from South Africa)

Leanne said...

Thanks so much for playing this week at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Lori said...

Pretty projects! Love that cake...thanks for entering at 4 Crafty Chicks...

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for linking this up to the Tissue Paper Magic Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)