Monday, March 28, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #55!

On a personal note ... please keep my husband in all of your prayers this week.  Unexpectedly, he was hospitalized last Friday and had to have a cardiac catherization performed along with the insertion of a stent into one of the main arteries surrounding his heart.  He does have high cholesterol and high blood pressure, so we are thankful some warning signs prompted a doctor's visit where, after a stress test, it was determined that he would need this procedure performed to avoid a heart attack.  He came very close to having a triple by-pass performed, but by the Grace of God, we are blessed and thankful that it was 'only' one stent that had to be inserted for right now.

Needless to say, it was the most stressful week of our lives together (married 25 years this year!).  I hope we don't have another one like this ever again!  Those close to me that knew about all of this ... I can't thank you enough for your support and well wishes.  Before the hospitalization, I was able to comment in the Tea Room's BINGO challenge through the first 100 submissions.  Please know that I didn't have my lap top with me while at the hospital for two days with my hubby, so I was unable to comment on all the submissions.  I did look at each and every one of them while picking the winners ... fabulous work ladies!!

My time was short on the computer today ... having to care for him, so I'll be back here again tomorrow to announce the winner of the Seam Binding from my 'extra' challenge from last week's Tea Room BINGO challenge.

So, without further ado, welcome to The Shabby Tea Room's #55 challenge!  Today is Danielle's very first week to host and she has chosen a FABULOUS theme and inspiration photo for us all to create with :)  This week's challenge is called 'Flower Palette' and Danielle asks that we create a card or project inspired by the colors in the inspiration photo and using FLOWERS ...


... isn't this picture absolutely dreamy??  I adore pink, green and blue together -- those are the main colors in my design room -- so pretty and soothing!


I set to work combing through my patterned papers to find just the right ones to design this card with!  I settled on the pretty green floral background paper from K&Company and the adorable polka dotted blue paper from Melissa Frances!  I messily accordian folded the polka dot paper by hand (did not measure and score) to give it a shabby look.  Then I added some delicious confections of embellishments to the ruffled paper - machine zig-zag stitching, library clip, trinket pin, sparkler, paper flower, snipett of lace and a pretty punched bird with a teeny tiny pearl for her eye!


Our fabby sponsor in the Tea Room is JustRite Stamps who supplied the Design Team girlies with the prettiest new cling sets to create with!  I used the Kindness Set and the Friendship Blooms Set.  I am simply in {love} the all of JR's newest cling stamps -- super easy to use and many of them have a distinctively vintage feel that speaks to my heart and they coordinate with lots of pretty Spellbinders Dies too!



You'll not want to miss the inspiration from the Shabby Girls this week too -- breathtaking!

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune

Kristin Wilson - Lilsweetpea's Place

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - {DT Challenge Coordinator} - The Pampered Paper Patch

I'm excited to see what you're inspired to make using this gorgeous photo and 'Flower Palette' theme this week!  See you in the Tea Room :)

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #55 - Flower Palette
City Crafter Challenge Blog #50 - {babies}, buttons & bows

20 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Prayers and Well Wishes sent your way. Glad you had some forwarning, and hope all goes well for you both.
Beautiful color combo on the photo. God Bless

Chrysalis said...

Hang on in there, Debbie - GOD IS GOOD! I know it's scary, but try to remember that He is with you every step of the way. Put everything into His hands. Praying for you both xx
PS - love the cards, too! xx

sari said...

Oh my...What a horrible experience you guys have had! Hope is feeling better now!! Can't imagine the fear you and your sons must have gone through !! Keeping you and your entire family in my thoughts! Lots of hugs to you Debbie!
What a lovely & sweet card! So many gorgoeus details again! Have a good day!

Charlene said...

Ohhh Debbie this card is stunning!!!! I love every precious inch of it!! You and Your husband are in my prayers!! Big Hugs!!!!

cebelica said...

Very, very pretty!

pattyo said...

Oh, Debbie! What a frightening experience! The good thing is that this procedure has helped so many. Will keep your husband in my prayers. The card is beautiful--love those colors together!

Keilly said...

You are both in my thoughts, what a terrible experience that you've been through in the last week.

Hugs x

Ros said...

So sorry to hear about your Husband ... I hope he is back to full health soon ... beautiful card Debbie ... thanks for sharing with us at CCCB

Pattie said...

Absolutely beautiful Deb! I love all those sweet details and the layout is great!

Stephanie Kraft said...

Such a soft and lovely creation, Debbie! I will keep you and your hubby in my thoughts and prayers..

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

hope your husband get well soon, he will be in my prayer.

Lovely and wonderful creation as usual Debbie, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sheri said...

So many details! Love them all! Very pretty!

Cheryl Nelson said...

You, your husband and your family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry that you've had to go through this experience. big hugs! you card is absolutely gorgeous.

Linda R. said...

Your card is so beautiful.. I just love it.. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your hubby..

Hugs, Linda

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh Debbie, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your husband, but so relieved that you caught things in time before something worse happened. Keeping you both in my thoughts. :)
LOVE your Tea Room card. Lovely design and stamping, and I adore that pleated paper strip.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Debbie

So sorry to read that you've had a tough few days. I hope that your hubby is on the mend now. It must have been so scary for you both - thank goodness it was picked up quickly.

How you managed to comment on 100 entries is just amazing.. You must be one super organised lady!

Take care

Tina
X

Christine said...

Wow, lovely card!! You have created the most beautiful embellishments for it too! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

Lisa said...

Hi Debbie,
Just checking on your blog as usual, loving your work and missing making cards. My prayers are with you and your husband! My dad just went through the exact same thing and he is doing well so you are lucky that you caught it early! Still love your blog and creations, keep the beauty and inspiration coming..... miss being a part of it!

Michelle said...

I Hope your husband is doing well! And you too, I'm sure you are worried! My prayers and hugs are with you!
Love this card!

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! Thanks for the fabulous STR challenge this week AND for playing in JustRite's Friday Challenge!