Monday, March 21, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #54!

EDITED:  Winner of the 5 yards of Seam Binding prize for using all 9 embellishment options is:



Maureen!  Congrats, Maureen ... please contact me via e-mail to claim your prize!

I'm so excited to share my Shabby Tea Room creation with you all today ... it's the first day of a brand new Design Term and we have THREE new Shabby Girls to help inspire us!  Hop on over to the Tea Room to meet the new designers and check out their wonderful work!!

This week I am your host and have a challenge with a fun little twist for you all to shake things up a bit ...


... using this inspiration board as a starting point for your design, please choose any THREE IN A ROW embellishments to create a card or project with this week!  For example, you may decide to use brads, buttons and die cuts on your card ... OR you may decide to use buttons, flowers and glitter on your project!  Basically, a wild card week!  Use ANY THREE IN A ROW, and please be sure to include which items you chose in your blog post!

BONUS ... anyone using all 9 embellishment choices will go into a random drawing for 5 yards of Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!  Just be sure to leave me a comment on THIS post here letting me know your submission number and that you used all nine embellishments in order to be considered for the BONUS prize :)

I played along with a similar challenge a couple months back at the Simon Says Stamp blog and it was so much fun that I thought our Tea Room followers might enjoy it too!



I chose to use the row of buttons, flowers and glitter  ... although I also used lace, gems, die cuts and ribbon TOO!  I couldn't resist!  The banner is stamped using PTI's Banner Builder set - yum :)



I also played along with the BRAND NEW Perfect Palette #1 color inspiration board over at My Time Made Easy .. using light pink, ivory, red and light green in  my design!  Be sure to check out Lauren's new weekly sketch and color challenges ... so much fun and FABBY prizes too!

Our sponsor in the Tea Room this week is Pixie Dust Paperie and Kirsty has graciously provided a $20 gift certificate for our lucky Tea Room Winner this week.  Come on ladies, break out those embellies and get creatin'!!!



Be sure to check out all the Shabby Girls' individual blogs for lots more inspiration ...

Charlene Cundy - Expresstions of Me!

Danielle Greenwood - Au Clair de La Lune

Kristin Wilson - Lilsweetpea's Place

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Thanks for peeking :)  I cannot wait to see what you create this week!!

PS - Click HERE for the WINNER of my BLOG CANDY CONTEST!

Challenges for this card: 

The Shabby Tea Room #54 - 3-in-a-row embellishments
My Time Made Easy Perfect Palette #1 - red, light pink, ivory, light green
Die Cut Dreams #85 - special friend or mother
Stamptacular Sunday #103 - words as focal

42 comments:

Romaine said...

Oh Debbie, shabby deliciousness! What a fun challenge you have set for us! I hope to play!

{Lynn - that's me!} said...

I'm so amazed that you were able to create this card to fit so many different challenges. I'm happy you chose to play along with the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge this week. Your creation is just stunning!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, what a fun challenge idea, Debbie! Really love it, and I love your card, too. Fabulous banner, my friend. And stunning flower, as well. :)

M@rjan said...

Hi Debbie, gorgeous card you made!Love those colors!

Hope this is the spot to tell you that I used all nine embellishments for your challenge on TSTR. M@rjan:nr.5

Nicole said...

So pretty, Debbie! Love that banner! :)

Stampin' Pam said...

GORGEOUS Debbie - just love it. I really like the stitching on the leaves.

M@rjan said...

Nr. 5 again ;)Sorry you couldn't find them: mini brads on the right of the text oval and heart leftcorner is heat embossed with clear embossing.

Loved using your challenge!

Simply Shaz said...

VERY pretty card Debbie :) Love it!
Shaz x

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card and such fab spring colours! Thanks for joining in the fun at TCC this week :) Donna x

Gail said...

Very pretty, love the colours and the bunting.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! Nice colors and layout!! I really like the flags at the top!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Kristin said...

Debbie this is so shabalicious!! I adore all of the soft pastels and your banner is incredible!

Candy C said...

Hi Debbie! I love your springy, fun BLISS banner/card! It is beautiful! All the attention to detail from the little banner to the beautiful shabby flowers...just perfection! Thank you for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

this is so pretty Debbie! I love that banner.

Pattie said...

So very pretty Deb! I just love the banner and the sweet doily, and the butterfly...well, I love it all!
Hugs,
Pattie

Charlene said...

where do I start? This card is so stunning with the doiley, that gorgeous flower and all the beautiful layers and the banner WOW!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh I'm in LOVE with this!!~

Craftyanny said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Debbie.....this is so BEAUTIFUL! Love the rosette and the sparkly butterfly! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC! Hugs ~S~

Oney said...

Hi Debbie!
I posted a link to this challenge on The Shabby Tea Room blog. I managed to use all 9 elements on my card. My entry is #20. It's not nearly as lovely as the other entries but I'm learning and definitely stepping out of my comfort zone.
Thanks for the inspiration.
~Oney

Lin said...

What a fun challenge, Debbie! I had a great time working on mine, and my entry #22 has all 9 embellisments on it. Thanks for the chance to win some of your gorgeous seam binding!!

Betty Wright said...

Debbie, this is beautiful and so wonderfully detailed! Love the pennants, doily, and the center swirly flower design! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC butterfly challenge

Davi said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing it at TT this week.

Jen said...

Debbie, this is mega Shabby-licious! Every tantalizing aspect of this card has me hook, line, and sinker. Kinda hurts how beautiful this card is. ;-)

Tussemaja said...

Your card is really nice. Love the colors and you've got to decorating it beautifully.
Your Shabby Vintage Seam Binding is so delicious! Now I just hope the luck:) I have use all nine decorations from the bingo-card and my # is 29.

sari said...

What a fab,stunning and lovely card!! So adorable, love that banner and flower! Well, i managed to squeeze in all nine embellishments! SARI Nr. 34

Eli said...

Hello! I like to visit you blog and participate in the challenges. This one (#54) was really great. My submission number is 37 and I used all nine embellishments :)

Lynne said...

Hi Debbie, your card is fabulous. I love the pinks and greens together. Very springlike.
I somehow managed to get all 9 embellishments on my submission. No 45.
Thanks Lynne xxx

Nancy Wethington said...

Very pretty! Love the banner word. Thanks for playing along with Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

rudlis said...

Hi Debbie, gorgeous card.
Love that banner!
I managed to use all 9 elements on my card. My entry is #47.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Lovely colors. I love the banner and the doily in the background. :o)

Beate said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Debbie! Love how it turned out. Thanks for joining us at the WMSC.
Hugs and smiles

minnie_mac said...

So pretty and with a real Springtime feel.

Marilyn

Mummylade said...

this is such a nice and springlike creation! Thank you so much for entering this in the DCD challenge and good luck!

Diane said...

Gorgeous card...love all the shabby pink and the banner.....a great challenge...so fun...I used all 9 embellishments on my card and am #91..thanks

Savitri said...

Very very pretty!!! Thanks for playing with the Mice!! :)

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tami said...

I really love the banner on your card and I got all 9 items done on mine too:) #165 Also I won the whimsie doodles last week challenge my e-mail is alyssasmom98@aol.com just making sure you got my info.

Tamara DeCoito said...

Your card is beautiful..I just love this challenge, I used all nine on my card and I am #168
Thanks for looking!

phillipa said...

Hi Debbie, What a beautiful card you have made!! My card is number 169 and I have used all 9 elements on it.

Maureen said...

Hi!! I just came to your Shabby Tea Room blog via Karen Giron :) LOVE it all and am following now...couldn't resist your challenge this week lol...my entry uses all 9 embellishments...I'm #183 (Maureen)...thanks for the chance to win and I'll be back :)

cindy said...

You have a beautiful style that I admire. All of your cards flow so freely and whoever is receiving them should be honored to hold your beautiful pieces of art in their hands. Best wishes.