Monday, March 14, 2011

The Shabby Tea Room #53!

WOW ... The Shabby Tea Room has been around for ONE YEAR this week and we're having a Birthday Bash to CELEBRATE!  Clare is our host this week and she has chosen the theme of  'Party Time' to get us headed down the party path and asks that we all create a CARD, BANNER and/or GIFT with a birthday/celebration theme!

There is an adorable party themed photo to jump start everyone's mojo ...


... isn't that banner so sweet and doesn't that punch look yummy!



Our Tea Room sponsor this week is Blackleaf Studios who provided the DT with the {sweetest} party themed images for our birthday week!  I chose to to create with one of the images from the Vintage Chic set -- this is actually a stack of boxes, but I turned mine into a 3-tiered birthday cake with all the trimmings!  Did you notice the sweet little birthday candle at the top of the cake ... one for one year of FUN!



I used JustRite's You Inspire Me cling stamp set for the sentiment ... isn't that font the prettiest?  I also wanted to play along with JR's current blog challenge which is to make a birthday card/gift and use scoring ... can you see the score lines I added to the cake layers?  I watch The Cake Boss all the time and love when he does that to wedding cakes ... so gorgeous -- looks like it's quilted!!  I even added some 'edible' pearls between the layers - yum!!



A pretty little nosegay finishes off the design with some Pink Bubblegum Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, a crystal trinket pink, turquoise baker's twine, a button, Prima glittered flower and a rusty metal tag with the #1 stamped on it!


Hubby arrived back in the US early this morning after having been out of the country on business for the past seven days (Taiwan - and he got delayed by a day returning home because of the earthquake in Japan).  He knew I have been dilligently working on his theater room for weeks and months -- all finishing up this week, so I guess the pretty pink roses he brought me were a thank you for a job well done with his 'man cave'!  They're the prettiest shade of pink - love 'em!  Thought they would go well as a pretty prop for all the party festivities in the Tea Room too!!



I was inspired by the banner in the inspo picture too, so I decided to make a shabby little banner to match my Tea Room birthday card!  I {heart} banners these days ... just {heart} them I tell ya'!


In my true shabby style, I found a fabric banner with pom-pom trim to create my paper crafted banner out of!  What a fabby base to build from!!



I started with the Banner Set #1 from The Digichick Shop and cut all the paper banner pieces with my Cricut.



Next I added a couple paper layers of paper cut with the banner die from Papertrey Ink ... I used Vintage Cream CS and Springtime Vintage DSP from SU!



Each sweet banner piece has a snipett of a paper doilie and lots and lots of my favie embellishments!



Buttons and bows, ribbons and trims, lace and pearls, chipboard and glitter, rhinestones and teeny clothes pins, baker's twine and flowers, rusty pins/jingle bells and brads!  Oh my!!



This banner was so much fun to create and I simply {ADORE} how it turned out ... so shabby, so vintage, so yummy ... SO ME!



Now comes the hard part ... trying to figure out where to hang it!  Definitely in my stamp room, but I've tried  two places so far and wasn't crazy about either.  I'll have to live with it and see what feels best over the next couple of days!  It's too pretty not to put in a place of honor!

So, there you have it!  My Tea Room Birthday Bash projects!  And, before you go, I have some MORE fun news ... I have a bit of CANDY to give away to one lucky person!



This is one of my most recent projects created for the My Time Made Easy Shop!  It's a sweet little purse template and inside are four coordinating cards ... just a darling set!

Do you want a chance to win this cutie patootie?  Here's how:

1.  Become a follower of my blog - Simple Treasures!
2.  Become a follower of The Shabby Tea Room blog!
3.  Participate in this week's Birthday Bash Celebration by submitting a card, banner or gift over at The Shabby Tea Room!
4.  Come back HERE and leave me a comment on THIS post letting me know you're following both blogs, participated in the Week #53 Tea Room challenge and leave me the number of your submission so I can check out your work!

At the end of this week I'll be drawing ONE random name from the ELIGIBLE comments to win this sweet gift set.  Please be sure to complete steps 1 through 4 above in order to be eligible for the prize!

Don't forget to visit the Shabby Girls' blogs for some CELEBRATION inspiration and MORE blog candy along the way too:

Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl

Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations

Melissa Bove - Creating From the Heart

Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

Thanks so much for peeking in today!  Be sure to check out the Tea Room EACH day this week for many more snipetts of inspiration and fun :)

Hugs!
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Challenges for these projects:

JustRite Friday Inspiration #50 - spring/birthday gift with scoring
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #108- sewing
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Cupcake Inspirations #102 - pink, green, vanilla, kraft

32 comments:

sari said...

Ooooh....Such a lovely card and that banner is simply stunningly shabbyly adorable!! Just love all the sweet details! A BIG congrats to the Shabby Tea Rooom 1st Birthday! Did you know, that thanks to your challenge blog, i "found" my shabby style! Before, i wasn't sure what was me..Then i saw your challenge blog, and all the sweet shabby projects..A light went up inside me..ahaaa.. Thats what i want to do!!! So, thanks for a GREAT challenge blog, and sharing so much beauty!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great banner! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Mrs Ham said...

Your card and banner set is beautiful.

Diane said...

Beautiful banner...wow.....your room just keeps getting better and better...gorgeous roses, too...and pink...perfect!! Loved your card, too...all that vintage detail...very pretty!!
I follow both your blog and the shabby tea room blog, participated in the challenge and I am number 6...thanks...oh and sorry to make you do word verification on my blog..I explain why on there...sigh!!!

Charlene said...

OMGosh Debbie! You've been a busy girl Your banner and Birthday card are wonderful!!!! But I have to say the blue set is so so striking!!!! LOVE it!!!!

Ros said...

A beautiful card and stunning banner Debbie ... Wishing TSTR a Very Happy Birthday!!

Pattie said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Deb! What a sweet banner to look at every day too! I'm sure you'll find the perfect spot for it! ...and my what beautiful roses! I love pink roses!
Happy Birthday to TSTR and thanks for all your "labor of love" there!
Hugs,
Pattie

StephC said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! So glad you joined us for this weeks Cupcake Inspiration challenge!

pattyo said...

Gorgeous projects! Love that banner!

Craftyanny said...

oh wow, you've been a busy gal:)
Stunning creations, I especially love the banner.
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
Anne x

Audrey Pettit said...

Wowzers!! What fabulous Shabby Tea Room birthday celebration projects! Totally in love with that banner! How stunning!
And what a sweet card. I so love how you used that stack of boxes as a birthday card. Your scoring quilt lines are just genius. Love the edible pearls, too. :)

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable post. Beautiful creations, flowers and excitement

Lauren said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining our recycling your scraps challenge at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next time!

Lauren

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

That banner is AMAZING! I covet it. Seriously it is gorgeous and all the detail is just eye candy.

cebelica said...

Your creations are simply STUNNING!! I am really happy I came accross your blog. I had lots of fun browsing through it and I find your so inspirational! Thanks for showing your creations.

I'm a new follower of your blog now. I'm already a follower of Shabby Tea Room blog and I'm participating in the current challenge with a card (my submission is under number 10).

Hugs!

Rica said...

Stunning creations Debbie, your banner is so beautiful!!!

So glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Simply Shaz said...

Beautiful creations Debbie x I love banners too :) I could always 'help you out' if ya can't find anywhere to hang it, I'm sure i'd def find somewhere here :) hehe
Shaz x

Nicole said...

Beautiful card and banner!! Love the color combo! :)

Linda L said...

Wow so much creativity to share today Deb....absolutely LOVE that sweet banner....I hope I will get time to play. Cheers!

Toulouse31 said...

I have had a great time looking through your blog, glad I found the Shabby Tea Room! I have uploaded my birthdya cake card, its number 59. :-)

Toulouse31 said...

I have followed the instructions am now a happy new follower of your lovely blog and theshabby tea room, my card entry no is 59.

Michelle said...

Wow! Stunnnig banner! Love every detail you added to it to make it so shabby!!! I adore your cake card too!! Such pretty papers! I totally love what you are giving away!

Sharon Harnist said...

What a fabulous card and banner, Debbie -- simply amazing! Thanks so much for playing in JustRite's challenge!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Debbie your projects are adorable. You have an undying energy level. Always so pumped and the best creations. I have been a follower on both blogs for quite some time. I have entered my card in the #53 Tea Room Challenge. #99 Best wishes to you and all the DT for another great year.Thanks for the fun.

Sharyn said...

Wow, that banner is sooo luscious! Just so shabby adorable...and would look perfect in my crafty space. Congraulations on 1 year of the Shabby Tea Room. I am now following you on both blogs and have submitted a birthday card for the birthday bash. #125. Off to check out more of your wonderful projects on here.

Mari Koegelenberg said...

I love that Banner! You did such a fabulous job with it!

Tamara DeCoito said...

I love your projects they are beautiful..I am a follower on both blogs and #130 in the Party Time Challenge Thanks for the inspiration!

Tamara DeCoito said...

I love your Blog and all the Shabby sweetness
I up loaded my The Shabby Tea Room #53 I am #130
Thanks for looking

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning Work Debbie!!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Kelleigh @ Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs said...

Gorgeous banner!! I love your work!!

2amscrapper said...

Your card and banner are stellar. I'm a follower of both blogs and entry #142.

Keilly said...

Your banner is gorgeous (I so have to make one of those) and I love your room!

I'm following both Simple Treasures and TSTR blogs and have entered week #53 challenge, my card #84.

Keilly x