Saturday, March 5, 2011

A scrappy little shabby treasure ...

One more quick little post for you all this evening before I call it a day!  The Beary Scrap Shop is hosting a Guest Designer Call and I made this card especially for their sketch challenge ...


... it's {so me} -- filled with lots of delicious embellishments like buttons and a sweet little button card, machine sewing, tea-stained twill tape, Vintage Winter White Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, a paper doilie, a chipboard dress form painted with cream paint, a teeny spool wrapped with baker's twine, kraft cardstock and paint to ink edges (creates a time-worn look) and a metal ring which I stamped a button on.  Sweet :)

Thanks for peeking in on me today ... I hope you're all having a wonderful and relaxing weekend!!!

Challenges for this card:

The Beary Scrap Boutique GDT Call - sketch challenge
The Kraft Journal - cute as a button
4 Crafty Chicks #27 - stitching
Simon Says Stamp - 1 image, 2 DSP's, 3 embellies
Tuesday Throwdown #38 - tag
The Creative Cottage #34 - tag

14 comments:

Patricia said...

Very pretty, I love all the embellishments on there. Awesome Job, Good Luck. Thanks for entering our guest dt call.~Patricia

Auntie Em said...

Your card is so sweet! Love the button card and pretty buttons.
Thanks for sharing! :)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This is a beautifully composed vintage card...and just love your use of the cute button card stamps! Thanks for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal!

Terrie B x said...

Debbie your card is `Gorgeous` I love all the buttons!!!TFI:) xxx

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing!

Leanne DT 4 Crafty Chicks!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fabulous, Debbie! SO you, indeed! I love all the details. Love that button card and your sweet use of the buttons. I adore your seam binding and the tea-stained twill, too. Love it all.
I'm so glad you played along with us at the Kraft Journal. :)

Jamie said...

Debbie, this is beautiful! I love all the different mediums you've used here, it's definitely shabby chic! So nice! Thanks for joining in our GD Challenge, good luck!

Jamie from The Beary Scrap DT

pattyo said...

This card is so adorable in all its shabby goodness!!

Tracy said...

That button card stamp is one hot item right now. Beautiful card Debbie! Thanks so much for joining us for this weeks challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is gorgeous - I love it x
I especially adore that vintage button card x
Thanks for joining in with our "tag you're it" challenge at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

beadz said...

Debbie, this is really pretty. Thanks so much for entering The Beary Scrap's GDT call and good luck.
hugs,
Gini

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Brilliant Debbie! I'm in all kinds of love with this card. Thanks for entering our GD call. Announcements will be Saturday - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Danielle Therese Greenwood said...

Such a beautiful card Debbie! That stamp set is a shabby favorite!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous sweet card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby