Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Time Made Easy ... A Year in Review!

Good morning peeps and welcome to the final Group Post for the fabby March Release at My Time Made Easy!  Wasn't this an exceptional month of outstanding new templates, cut files, papers and, of course, stamp sets??!!  I'm in {love} with it ALL!  For today's projects, Lauren asked the Design Team girlies to use any of their favorite stamps sets, cut files, papers and templates from the past year to create a gift set -- how FUN!

I chose to create with the Tea Tabbed template ...

... isn't it GORGEOUS!!!  I hadn't had the opportunity to use this template in the past, but let me tell you, it was easy peesy and so much fun to assemble!  I used my Cricut to cut the pieces out, but you could just as easily use the PDF file version and a pair of scissors ... all straight lines - super simple!!!  I printed a piece of Vintage Stripes collection 2 paper to use as the decorative piece on the base of the template.  The beautiful white border wrapping around the black top of the template is a cut file called Border Builders Scalloped Dot!  I further embellised the cut file border with some yummy satin and vintage lace trim!  The sentiment is stamped using the A Spot of Tea stamp set ... my all time FAV!


I just {heart} how the top of the template turned out ... I used the Rambling Rose cut file to create that gorgeous flower ... I used 10 layers of cardstock alternating the largest pieces to the smallest and adding a pearl in the center to finish it off!  A pretty paper doilie lightly sugared with glitter, some black tafetta ribbon, a pearl trinket pin and some leaves finish off the top of the template in style :)


For the coordinating card, I used the A Spot of Tea cut file and the A Spot of Tea stamp set!!  The background has half of a paper doilie to coordinate with the template box top and another piece of the Vintage Stripes collection 2 paper - yum!  I stamped an orange from the stamp set and sugared it with glitter, created a tiny little tea bag tag and attached it to my tea cup with a piece of orange baker's twine.  The card is finished off by inking all edges of cardstock to create a time-worn look and adding a piece of black satin rouched ribbon -- delicious, don't you think??!!


And here is the finished set together!  What a wonderful gift to give or receive!  My template gift box is filled with Wild Sweet Orange Tea!!!


Thank you so very much for stopping by today!  Please visit the other MTME girlies' blogs to see what they all have created for inspiration for you all today too ...

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Debbie Marcinkiewicz (you are here!)

And then be sure to pop on by the MTME Designer's Gallery so you don't miss a single project the girls have created for all the new in March goodies and so much MORE :)

Have a wonderful, stampy day :)

Challenges for this project: 

Simon Says Stamp - 1 image, 2 DSP's, 3 embellies
Top Tip Tuesday #24 - favorites (handmade flowers!)

11 comments:

Monique said...

I am loving all the fresh colors I think that is what a lot of us need right now.. You have added your shabby style to this set making it another spectacular sample... What a great month :)..Hugs Monique

Elaine Stark said...

A super set. Lots of lovely work. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Lisa Kind said...

Great minds, Debbie! I used the same template, and I agree that it is super simple to put together! Love yours! The paper and all your embellishments make this just so pretty for the eyes! Love it!

Stampin' Pam said...

Stunning set Debbie - great fresh springy colors - an exquisite rose and I love the expression lightly sugared with glitter! How sweet. WELL DONE as always!

Lauren (mytime) said...

OH! I love the inspiraing colors,a nd the swirly details! I know how much you love tea :D Nicely done. I love how you add your own flair to MTME! Im always in awe.

sari said...

Oh my Debbie!! This is stunning!! Love that bold flower on top!

Teresa said...

Great job on your creations this month. I have enjoyed all your creations.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Great creation!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday @ http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.com/ Please come back on Tuesday for another brilliant tip! :)

Maggie

xx

pattyo said...

What an adorable set!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Super set - what a lovely gift x
Love the fresh colours x
Thanks for joining in with our "tag you're it" challenge at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Kathy said...

Wow I am blown away by your beautiful projects. STunning
Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge.