Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tea For You ...

Hi everyone and welcome!  So happy you could pop in today for a peek!  I have another project to share with you all today for the My Time Made Easy February Release - yippiee!!  All new goodies are loaded and available for your shopping pleasure today!!

For today's project, Lauren asked the Design Team girls to use any NEW stamp set with ANY template to create a coordinating gift set.  Mmmm ... I love me a handmade gift set :)   I had been in {love} with the Tea For You template since it was introduced, but had not had an opportunity to create with it ... until today!


What an absolutely adorable template ... how DOES Lauren come up with these amazing creations month after month -- a truly gifted and talented artist she IS!!  Now, for those of you who know me well, you know I am smitten with anything to do with TEA or TEA PARTIES, so this one really speaks to my heart and will find a special place within my home for display!  This one is a gift ... to {me}!  After cutting out all the templates pieces, I stamped everything using the floral image from the Framed Elegance stamp set.  The label on the front is cut using the Framed Elegance cut file and then I used the Monograms Defined stamp set to add the word 'Tea'!  A few snipetts of vintage lace, nosegays of satin and organza flowers and rhinestones complete the tea pot base.



As you can see from the picture of the inside of my china cabinet, I was inspired by my own china set for the design of this sweet tea pot template!  This china was a gift from my grandmother for my bridal shower ... 25 years ago and has been moved over the years to the countless places we've lived.  I always held my breath for fear of breakage, but I'm happy to report that all the peices have survived all the moves!  It's white bone china with delicate blue flowers and rimmed with silver accents.



For the tea pot lid, I glittered a pretty paper doilie, made a handmade flower using dies and the Fanciful Flourishes paper, some silver glitter and a decorative silver brad.  By crumpling and curling the edges of the paper, you get a textured, realistic paper flower!  I handcut some leaves from silver glitter paper, inking the edges to give them a time-worn look.  Last but not least, I added some silver tinsel, pearls and a trinket pin.



For the matching place card, I used the Creative Card/Envelope #1 cut file, Mongrams Defined stamp set and A Spot of Tea stamp set ... inking edges of cardstock to tie everything together.



Wouldn't these just make the most special table favors for your next tea party?  You would certainly WOW your guests with a handmade from the heart gift set like this!!



So sweet, so precious ... so lovely and pretty ... {happy sigh} ... I'm in LOVE!

Be sure to visit Lauren and Tangii's blogs today also to see what they've created for your inspiration!

And then hop on over to the My Time Made Easy DESIGNER'S GALLERY to check out all the loveliness from the entire team for this month's new goodies - WOW - spectacular!!

I'll be back here on Saturday to share another fun project with you all using some of the new products available in the shop this month.  Until then, happy stamping :)

Challenges for this project:

JUGS #69 - handmade flower
Meljen's Designs #44 - fancy folds
Paperplay #5 - stamps

20 comments:

Nicole said...

So pretty, Debbie! That tea pot is amazing - even prettier IRL! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Oh WOW Debbie, this is absolutely STUNNING!!!

Vee said...

Such a gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Good Luck.
xx Vee

Pattie said...

GOR-JUSS! Wow girl! This is so yummy!

Shelley said...

Lovely!! You chose the perfect colors. The entire piece is amazing, but I love that flower especially.

Nancy said...

Very pretty, Deb! (I have china very similar to yours!)

Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

pattyo said...

This is so adorable, Debbie! Love how you decorated the lid! Your tea set from your grandmother is beautiful and, I'm sure, a precious keepsake.

Kathryn B said...

Debbie i can only say WOW this is a beauty!

Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS again!

Maria Levine said...

Beautiful! That is one amazing flower! Thanks so much for playing along with JUST US GIRLS.

Saskia said...

Great to see your work at Polkadoodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Saskia :)

Audrey said...

What a gorgeous teapot and I love that flower.Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

dougssunrise said...

Love the tea pot, but just had to leave an OMG!! My grandmother gave me the SAME china set for my bridal shower. I've never seen one like it till now!

Karita said...

OOOOH, Stunning!!! :) How gorgeous creations! I just love all that shabby! :)

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Mandy said...

These are beautiful Debbie, so pretty and girlie and a fab idea.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "love is in the air challenge"
hugs Mandy xx

Colette said...

Fab teapot, I love the flower, glad you could join us at Polkadoodles this week. Good Luck! Colette xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Beautiful!! I love the colors and how elegant these look!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in the Polkadoodles party challenge with your fab project! Cheers Claire x

Alicia said...

Fantastic creations! Thanks for joining in our "Stamp it Out" Challenge at Paper Play this week...hope to see you again soon!
Alicia xx

BondGirl said...

beautiful project. Thanks for joining in the polkadoodles party challenge

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

Great teapot. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge