Sunday, February 13, 2011

A shabby hello ...


Hello friends ... I hope you're all having a relaxing day before the start of the new week!  Those that 'know me' know that I love all things {pink} and {tea party} related, so this card design came so easy for me.  It only took about 30 minutes to put together ... came straight from my head onto the paper effortlessly!


I used some vintage papers from SU! and handmade a shabby flower with Vintage Cream CS, Tea Rose Glimmer Mist and a cream pearl ... pink Prima leaves to finish it off!  The adorable polka dot and rhinestone butterfly is Jenni Bowlin with some more Prima pearls and swirls trailing after her flight!


A gorgeous border die punch from MFT and a label punch from SB.  Some cream pom-pom trim, a corner snipett of a paper doilie and inking of edges with twill (kraft) paint to give a time-worn look.


Stamps are SU!'s Notably Ornate and Bliss (my FAV)!

Thanks for peeking in today ... enjoy :)

Challenges for this card:

Create For CARDS - border punches
There She Goes #94 - pink, kraft, ivory
Top Tip Tuesday #21 - frame it
The Creative Cottage #32 - words of love focal point
Wee Memories #43 - live, love, laugh
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - bugs/ butterfly

12 comments:

Pattie said...

GOR-JUSS! - Wow Deb! Sooo very beautiful!

Tracey T said...

How you did this in 30 minutes I will never know. It would have taken me days! Thank you for sharing this beautiful card and for playing at Sweet Stampin'. Tracey x

Tracy said...

Stunning card Debbie! That flower is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us this week for The Kraft Journal challenge!

Nine said...

Waw ! I love !

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, this is gorgeous, Debbie! Absolutely gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing with us at the Kraft Journal.

Shelly said...

Stunning creation, love the pink and the lovely details! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a beautiful card - I adore your flower and all the details add up to a real stunner x
Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x

Caroljenks said...

This is just gorgeous - I LOVE that text paper :)

Thanks for joining in with our 'Frame It' challenge this week over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

Trish and Treasure said...

I love your work!

Jinny Newlin said...

Ever so pretty, Debbie! LOVE all your shabby chic details! Thank you so much for playing along, this week, in Wee Memories Scrappy Saturday Challenge!

E.T said...

OK I had to come by and comment. I saw your card at Wee Memories and WOW the flower is just GORGEOUS! I LOVE it! Love your card too with so many details, but the flower is AWESOME!