Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A {new} technique ...

Papertrey Ink began hosting 'Make It Monday' technique video classes this week, so I thought I'd listen in on Erin Lincoln's sentiment stamping technique class today when I had a few minutes to spare.  WOW - what a SIMPLE idea and what a BEAUTIFUL result when you combine like sentiments to create a background paper for the base of your card!


I used my favie color combo - pink, aqua, vanilla and kraft ... {swoon}!!!  Don't you {heart} these soft, pastel, soothing colors?  They make me SMILE :)  This photo does not even begin to do this pretty little card justice -- it's simply lovely in real life!  I cannot begin to tell you how much FUN I had designing this card ... it was a blast scouring through all my PTI stamps to see how many I could find with the same sentiment.  I was {surprised} at how many sets I actually own - YIKES!  Sssshhh ... don't tell my hubby!

Papertrey Ink stamps and supplies I used on this card:

Damask Designs

Just The Ticket

Round and Round

Mat Stack 2 Collection

Friendship Jar

Signature Greetings

It's Official

Banner Builder stamp set and dies

Signature Series:  Dress Form die

Ticket Die

Thanks for peeking in today ... have a wonderful, stampy day!

Challenges for this card:

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge - Go-To Sentiment
The Shabby Tea Room #48 - Sweet {Hearts}
JUGS #70 - sketch
The Kraft Journal - love
Top Tip Tuesday #21 - frame it
Paperplay #5 - stamps
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog - spring flowers
The Creative Cottage #32 - words/love focal point
Stamptacular Sunday #97 - hearts
Claudia & Company #74 - pink, blue, brown

21 comments:

pattyo said...

Beautiful card! Great idea to make your own unique paper with sentiment stamps.

Catherine Doucette said...

what a pretty card, Debbie!

Pattie said...

Beautiful Deb - I almost put that same dressform die in the corner cause I used the same sketch with my PTI card too! Great minds do think alike!!!

Pam W. said...

Very, very pretty. So shabby chic and girly.

Stampin' Pam said...

FAB FAB FAB Debbie - well done! Beautiful colors.

Tracy said...

Beautiful papers and I love the glittery heart. Thanks so much for joining us again for this week's challenge at The Kraft Journal!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful card for this challenge. Love the dress form added to it.

Michelle said...

So soft and beautiful, Debbie! Love the dress form!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our "Stamp it Out" Challenge. ♥

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Debbie!! Love the Dress form!!

Céline said...

another fab card, love the sweet colors
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
Hugs
céline

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty - I love the soft colours! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week - hope to see you again! Tracey x

Audrey Pettit said...

Too, too fabulous, Debbie! I LOVE that sentiment paper you created! Definitely going to have to go check out that fabby tutorial. LOVE the colors you used and your whole sweet design.
Thanks for sharing another beauty with us at the Kraft Journal.

Rebekah said...

This is so pretty I just love it thanks for sharing at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah x

Dana Gustafson said...

Divine Deb! You sure know how to frost a card with glitter and you KNOW how much I love that! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Elise said...

Oh, dear! Oh, DEAR, ohhhhhhhh DEARRRRR! This is EXQUISITE! If ever there was a card that just gushed "crafty fun...." {!} THIS is it! I am positively smitten by your use of this fantastic JUGS sketch - YEOWZAAA! Thanks for sharing your mighty fine talent and INSPIRATION!

Craftyanny said...

oh wow what a stunning card, it really is pretty:)
Thanks for joining us this week on Creative Cottage
Anne x

lindyloo said...

awww what a very pretty card thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hope to see you at the next challenge hugs linda x

Andrea M said...

So beautiful!!! Gorgeous card Debbie! Really pretty shabby fantastic-ness!!! What a beautiful take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card Debbie!! Love the touch of sparkle. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Claudia & Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

~*Joni said...

Hi Debbie!
WOW - I had to keep looking at your card as it is full of such wonderful details! Beautiful design, the balance is just perfect. Wonderful job this week, thank you so much for joining in on our color challenge this week at Claudia and Company! Hugs from another of Ella's girls! ;)
~*Joni C&Co. DT