Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Love is in the Air ...

I simply {adore} Valentine's Day ... all the frill, glitter, sparkle, flowers, candy, hearts -- and the warm fuzzy feeling I get in the pit of my stomach when I think of all the LOVE that is in the air at this time of year {insert happy sigh here}!!!

I'm a girly girl at heart, so I really enjoy all the pink and fluff that Valentine's Day brings - yum!  Not to mention some chocolate ... love me some chocolate, don't you!  My hubby usually treats me to some yummy chocolate confections and beautiful flowers to help celebrate the day - swoon!

Anywhoo, I had a bit of free time this afternoon after completing some design team projects, so I got to play 'just for the fun of it'.  That doesn't happen too often around here, so I cherish the time when it does!


This is the card I made for my hubby this year ... and {no} he doesn't mind pink, frilly and glitter ... after all, he lives in a pink house (he's such a sport)!  I think there is an appropriate mix of deep masculine colors with the red, turquoise and brown mixed in with just a snipett of vintage cream and a hint of pink {just for me}!  Of course I had to shabby my design up with some vintage lace, rhinestones, trinket pin, silver glitter glass, pearls, buttons, glittered chipboard, tiny jingle bell and baker's twine - YUM!

Since this is a 'just for fun card' I wanted to play along with a couple of my favie challenge blogs for this extra special card:

The JustRite Friday Inspiration Challenge - Love is in the Air!  I used JustRite's You Inspire Me cling stamp set, Christmas Nested Sentiments stamp set and Spellbinders Beaded Ovals dies.

Sweet Mona's CR84FN #13 - red, turquoise & brown.  Yummy - I would have never thought to combine these colors in one place, but using Mona's inspiration palette, it all works together beautifully!


 Cath's Moxie Fab World - Cameos Challenge.  Look closely at the Moxie banner, do you see a representation of it in my card??!!??  This is is just for you, Cath ... innovative, huh :)




Thanks for peeking ... have a wonderful, stampy day :)

Additional challenges for this card:

Paperplay #4 - layers

22 comments:

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous Debbie, love the cameo!!

Heather Jensen said...

Beautiful shabby details. Love the bling and lacy trim.
Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Love the cameo~reminds me of visiting a cameo factory while vacationing in Italy! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

Sue Lelli said...

The cameo you createed is just so FAB! Great use of the colors! THX for playing with us this week at CR84FN!

Ros said...

What a gorgeous cameo ... lovely shabby card ... thanks for joining us at CCCB

Audrey Pettit said...

Love this, Debbie! What a sweet Valentine! So love the cluster of goodies and just adore that cameo. Beautiful!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just gorgeous, Deb! Your usual vintage shabbiness in all it's glory -- just wonderful! Thanks for playing the JustRite challenge this week!

uksharon said...

Love it - I think its a skill on its own to do Shabby or Vintage.
Thanks for joining us at Paperplay this week.
Best wishes, Sharon

Debgem said...

What a gorgeous cameo! And such a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Andrea M said...

BEAU-TI-FUL card Debbie! Love that cameo - so pretty!!! Great job! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN! Hope you can join us again next week!

JustRite Stampers said...

Thanks for participating in the JustRite Friday Challenge!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeously vintage Debbi! Love this card! Thank you for joining us at the FTTC this week! Hugs ~S~

Lauretta See said...

so very elegant.. i love it.. Thank you for joining us in our challenge over at Meljens. Hope you will come and see the blog hop we have starting today ;) HUGS X

pattyo said...

Wow! You outdid yourself here, Debbie! Gorgeous card!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH wow, shabby beauty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Kelly Massman said...

Just beautiful!!!! Came over from Moxie Fab!

Michelle said...

Love how you created the same cameo, Debbie! Beautiful!

Linda R. said...

WOWZER... This is such a beautiful card.. I love that cameo.. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

LynneForsythe said...

Shabba...shabba...shabba....licious!! Awesome card Debbie!

Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Gorgeous! LOVE that cameo! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Mandy said...

Beautiful card, I love the shabby chic look, everything is so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our "love is in the air challenge"
hugs Mandy xx

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)