Saturday, February 26, 2011

Let the March My Time Made Easy PEEKS Begin!

Good morning all and welcome to the first day of peeks for the March My Time Made Easy release!  Today myself along with Lauren, Kristin, Monique, and our guest designer, Kathryn have a few projects to share with you!

Hold onto your hats ladies ... the March release goodies are going to BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF!  For today's peek, Lauren asked the Design Team girls to create a gift set using one of the new in March templates and the new stamp sets.

And, without further ado, here we go .......

introducing CAGED!

I was absolutely SPEECHLESS when I first saw Lauren's birdcage template this month!  She is a true artist and this template is absolutely GORGEOUS!  Wouldn't it make a beautiful centerpiece at a bridal shower, wedding or even a baby shower with little eggs in the nest??  At first glance, I thought that this template would be difficult to put together, but it really was very easy to assemble -- all straight lines, no angles -- went together in a snap :)

I embellished the outside of the cage with a couple of new in March cut files - A Little Birdie and Branching Out!  The Little Birdie cut file has FOUR adorable and sweet little birds ... I used two of the styles here.  They are absolutly precious and I know I'll find myself using them a LOT this spring season!  The Branching Out cut file has a scrumptious meandering branch with leaves and several flowers too!  I inked the edges of all cardstock pieces to create a time-worn look, added vanilla satin flowers to the branches and tiny little pearls for the birdies eyes!


The top of my birdcage is embellished with some yummy, wide vanilla lace, a marina mist satin bow, a pearl trinket pin, chocolate bloomer, glitter and a damask butterfly!


All of those cages pieces have holes punched at the top of each length and they are all held together simply with two layers of cardstock (included with the template) and a pretty little antique brad!


Any my own little birdies will soon be making their sweet little nests in the trees around my home while they wait every so patiently for their little birdie eggs to hatch with little babies!  I LOVE spring!  I found this {real} nest in one of the trees in my yard and thought it was the perfect accent for this exquisite birdcage!  What do you think??  Sweet huh!

For the matching card to this beautiful gift set, I used the new in March Keep Strong and Singing Silhouette stamp sets which will be available in either acrylic or digital formats for your convenience!  The background paper is some new Whistful Musical Magic in Rock that Kristin created - YUM!


And here is my completed gift set ... scrumptious, right!  This would make the prettiest gift for someone special in your life ... but I think I'm keeping this set for me -- it's just too pretty to part with :)

Please be sure to visit the other MTME girlies' blogs today to see what they have created for inspriration for you all today:

My Time Made Easy Design Team:
Monique Hansen
March Guest Designer - Kathryn Berthiaume

And check out the MTME Designer's Gallery for tons more beautiful inspiration as well!

Thanks for 'peeping' in today!!!
Challenges for this project:

Embellish Magazine - color trends with birds
Cardabilities - sketch

14 comments:

Stampin' Pam said...

Beautiful Debbie - love your sweet birdies nestled in those branches - I think several of us had that same idea. I like the lacey edge and your real birdnest is PERFECT!!! well don as always.

Monique said...

Debbie I am speechless.. Not sure what to say except STUNNING!!!!! I love the blue and brown.. The flower,lace and stick pin.. Gorgeous!!! Wonderful work as always!!!

Catherine Doucette said...

Beautiful, Debbie!!

Lisa Kind said...

Debbie, you have used my fav color combo on this beauty! I love the bright blue with that fab brown! So, so pretty! Love the card as well! What a pretty presentation!

Kristin Eberline said...

This is beautiful, Debbie! I love the lace trim (I think I just bought some of that) and the accenting trinket pin...your shabby projects always bring a smile to my face. The birds are too cute, and I love the vibrant blue you added as a contrasting color. GORGEOUS, my friend.

Marsha said...

Gorgeous project! Thanks for sharing!

pattyo said...

Gorgeous set, Debbie! I've never seen anything like it!

cbuswell said...

This is just STUNNING!! What a cool template!!! Blew me away!!

Karli said...

Wowzers and Gorgeousness!!! Beautiful way to showcase this amazing template and your card is a perfect compliment. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Cardabilities :) hugs~

sari said...

Holy cow.... This is stunning!! I love birdcages...Just adore all the sweet details too!

Simply Shaz said...

Debbie this is adorable! Really Love it :) I think maybe that i will have to purchase this file...lol
Shaz x

Charlene Austin said...

SHUT UP!! No really this is such awesomeness I'm dieing!! That bird cage template is incredible!! WOW WOW WOW!! Thanks so much for using it to play along with Embellish!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Wow... That cage is awesome!!!! I love it... and the matching card is beautiful too!!!! Many wonderful details on both!! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ren-Yi said...

Whoah. This bird cage is amazing. I'm so glad i checked your entry out! congrats on your Top 6 spotlight at Embellish.