Thursday, February 3, 2011

Family is the ...


I don't design layouts that often, so I always feel that my projects are not 'good enough' when I see the absolutely gorgeous creations some of my best bloggity friends create.  In particular, I would have to say that the one person I find the {most} inspiration from regarding photo layouts is the sweet Anabelle O'Malley - swoon!  Her vintage style is just amazing ... she really knows how to work that paper and glue to create mini masterpieces!


This sweet pink and aqua layout is the one I created for the Spellbinder's 2011 Round Two Design Team application ... sadly, I did not advance onto round three :( so it's safe for me to share with you now!


All of the pictures were taken of my family and home during the holidays -- the people and things that I {love} the most dearly ... my hubby's work party, my family on Christmas Eve, my sweet {little girl} all dressed up waiting for Santa and our home after an unheard of snowfall here in the southern part of the US!


I, of course, used lots of dies from Spellbinders along with gorgeous papers from Melissa Frances, stamps from Papertrey Ink and Stampin' Up! and accessories from Webster's Pages, Prima, Jenni Bowlin, Maya Road and K & Company.


I inked the edges of all cardstock and patterned papers with vanilla paint to give everything an aged, distressed look.


My favorite elements on this page are the rouched pink grosgrain ribbon that I ran my sewing machine through with a zig-zag stitch, the yummy Oatmeal Cream and Pink Bubblegum Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, the fabby banner and the mitten attached with a clothes pin to the winter photo of our home!

I think it's a {pretty} page and have it displayed in my home to peek at daily ... always brings a smile to my face!  This page is so {me} ... a bit shabby, a bit vintage, a lot of pink and glittered with love!  Thanks so much for peeking in today.  I hope you're all having a wonderfully stampy day :)

Challenges for this LO:

W Plus 9 {Color Cue11} - pink, aqua, white, neutral
The Creative Cottage - words of love as focal
Paperplay #4 - stamps

13 comments:

Pattie said...

It's beautiful Deb! I love the colors and all the yummy details! You have a very handsome family and a very sweet little Hershey - love that outfit! Thanks for sharing with us!
Hugs,
Pattie

Céline said...

fab project, really effective
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

pattyo said...

So many beautiful details here, Debbie! You should frame it. Love your little girl's Christmas outfit! She must love pink like her Mama!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is so pretty, love the soft and shabby details! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful LO.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay again this week on our "Stamp it Out" Challenge. ♥

Audrey Pettit said...

Really, really sweet, Debbie! Love the banner and all the wonderful photos. Your feminine, vintage style makes me smile. :)

Ros said...

Lovely LO ... so pink and pretty ... thanks for sharing with us again at CCCB

Jinny Newlin said...

What a lovely creation! All those fabulous details must've taken you weeks! Thank you so much for playing along with our Color Cue!

Nancy Wethington said...

So pretty! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge blog.

Karita said...

Wonderful LO! :) Gorgeous embellies and great design!

Thank you for joining at SSC this week :)

Hugs,
Karita

Linda R. said...

This is such an amazing LO.. So many yummy details to look at!!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So soft and lovely! Fab detail work!
Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Lauren said...

This is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!