Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Time Made Easy January Group Post!

Hello to all my sweet bloggity blog friends and welcome to today's GROUP POST at My Time Made Easy!

For today's project, Lauren asked her entire design team to pick their favorite template from 2010 and make a gift and matching card set!  Well, I thought and thought and then thought some more ... to pick just ONE of Lauren's templates as a favorite is just impossible for me -- I {heart} them all!

I know you all thought I'd go with either the tea pot or tea cup templates in pink, right?  Nope!

What I've decided to do is to add onto the village I started back in November when I designed the Vintage Gingerbread Carry It house.  Today I'm excited to introduce you to the next house in this village series ...

Carry It Valentine Cottage!

Oh be still my shabby little heart ... this little cottage is simply precious IRL!!  I cut the template out with my Cricut and then printed out several pages of digital papers from the Love Notes collection - what GORGEOUS papers!!!  The door was stamped using the Sugar and Spice stamp set and I inked the edges of the house and door with twill paint.


Then came the fun part ... moving in and decorating!!!  A sweet chenille heart shaped wreath with satin flower, rhinestone and baker's twine adorns the front door!  A glittered chipboard floruish hangs above the door to welcome guests!  A pretty little rhinestone tree decorates the front yard with the sweetest tree topper!  The roof is decorated with rhinestones, glitter, pom-pom trim, lace, satin ribbon bows, bloomers, tinsel, glittered chipboard hearts, silver bells and baker's twine bows!


For the matching card, I printed a beautiful  Bingo Card from the Love Notes digi paper set and used some of the Love Poem and Floral papers for my accents.  More delicious and shabby goodness here including a pearl trinket pin, sheet music rhinestoned butterfly and glittered leaves!  The sentiment is stamped using the Gingersnaps stamp set - a perfect set anytime you want to give a 'sweet treat' :)


My gift box house is filled with Pepperment Ghirardelli Chocolate candies - the red and white packaging goes perfect with the red and white theme of this set!!

Thanks for peeking!  Don't forget to visit the MTME Designer's Gallery for loads more inspiration from all the girlies and then pop on over to the individual blogs to see what the girls have designed today as their 'favorite template' from 2010!



Challenges for this project:

The Shabby Tea Room #43 - 11 elements
My Favorite Things WSC #1 - sketch
Cupcake Inspirations #92 - photo
Floruishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #99 - flowers
Top Tip Tuesday #16 - metal
Fussy & Fancy #27 - celebrate card and gift
The Creative Cottage #30 - something new (digi papers)
Tuesday Throwdown #30 - embossing
Really Reasonable Ribbons #15 - something new and ribbons
City Crafter Challenge Blog #38 - white + 1 (black/neutral)
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - Vintage

16 comments:

Tangii said...

Look at all the goodies! Very cute...great choice of templates and fabulous colors!

Lisa Kind said...

This is fabulous! You certainly can add decorative touches to your projects and make them look fantastic! Great Valentine theme!

Monique said...

Wowza lots of goodies!! Love the little crochet flower and yummy bakers twine.. Another fun and shabby project Debbie :)

Rachel Hope said...

WOW! So Gorgeous! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Dawn said...

Oh wow these are fab!
Oh the details are amazing.
I appreciate you sharing.
Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
Hope to see you real soon.

pattyo said...

What a beautiful set!

PapierGirl said...

Just darling - so many wonderful details to take in!:)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful projects! thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Davi said...

Wonderful creations. Thanks for sharing them with us at TT this week.

Suzie McFloozy said...

What a gorgeous project and card - I love the colour combo - they really "pop" !
Thanks for joining in with us at the creative cottage challenge blog this week x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Maria said...

Wow...amazing color of eye popping red...just love it!!! A beautiful card and project...so lovely!!!

Lisa (mldesignworks) said...

I love the bingo card, Debbie! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy this time! Lisa

Linda R. said...

These are such wonderful projects. I just love seeing your creations..
Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

so fun and fabulous! love them!
Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Stampin' Pam said...

GOrgeous DEbbie - just gorgeous - you always amaze me girl! Way to go.