Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Gifts ...

Things I am thankful for at the start of this bright and shiny new year ... family, friends and health!  I was in my happy place this afternoon having finished up for the day with some remodeling we're having done on an unfinished space in our home (electricians today), because I got to pop into my crafty room and play a bit 'just for the fun of it' - WOW!!

My favorite color combo after pink and aqua is cream and kraft, so I smiled from ear to ear when I saw Cath's Tuesday Trigger today -- absolutely delicious, so I 'had to' create a card to join in on the fun :)

I used the lattice fold technique on the left spine of the card by overlaying the template, scoring the lines all down the side, cutting and the folding the scored/cut v-folds back.  To get the two-toned paper look, I first lined the spine of the card base with some yummy kraft and cream DSP from SU!

The heart is a scallop nestie from Spellbinders, and I covered it with 18 handmade rolled paper flowers -- a pearl in the center of each and then lightly sugared with glitter!  All the edges of the cardstock are inked with twill and vintage cream paint.  The nosegay is Cake Crumbs Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop along with a rhinestone butterfly from Jenni Bowlin, button, baker's twine and a rusty jingle bell!

The 'friends are a gift' sentiment is stamped using JustRite's Friendship Nested Sentiments stamp set, and the 'post card' image is from a SU! holiday set.  This card could work equally well for a birthday or even Valentine's Day - I love the untraditional colors of the design for a Valentine!

Thanks for peeking in today :)

Challenges for this card: 

The Kraft Journal #2 - family and kraft
JustRite Friday Challenge #46 - {creative} scoring
City Crafter Challenge Blog #40 - handmade flowers
Create for Cards - butterflies
Top Tip Tuesday #18 - {Sentiment}al
Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - I'm So Pretty - photo inspiration
Fussy and Fancy #28 - sketch
4 Crafty Chicks - metal (jingle bell)
Tuesday Throwdown #32 - valentine
The Shabby Tea Room #45 - white and bright
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty - The Beauty of Vintage
Really Reasonable Ribbons #16 - hearts and ribbons

42 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Great for City Crafter and the Tuesday trigger! I love all the roses!

Sherry Wright said...

Gorgeous, LOVE this!!

Linda Beeson said...

Ohhhhh so beautiful!

pattyo said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! Love that lattice and the beautiful flowers!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Wowza....simply gorgeous and stunning! :)

Charlene said...

What a PERFECT trigger target card!!you rocked it Debbie!! :-)

Glynis said...

This trigger card is stunning!! Love all those flowers on the heart and the lattice edge detail! Great job on the challenge :O)

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!

Lisa M. said...

18 HANDROLLED FLOWERS???!!! Oh my gosh woman! You rock! I was dying with my measly TWO! LOL! You must have it down to an art...because those are just stunning!

A gorgeous card and that latice fold is perfect!

thanks for sharing!

Tamie said...

Love the unique way you made your heart Debbie and the touch of the bell is perfect. thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty chicks this week.

shelly said...

oh my this is sooo pretty!

Karin (Peppermintpatty) said...

What a beauty!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, beautiful, Debbie! I just love that color combo! One of my faves. How fun to see the lattice fold design. And I adore your heart with all those rolled flowers. Gorgeous!
Thanks for sharing another fabulous card with us at the Kraft Journal.

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

This card is absolutely STUNNING... thanks so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal!

Lauren said...

Gorgeous! Love the monochromatic colors and the flowers! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown! We hope to see you again next week!

Ros said...

What can I say? this is just amazing!! fabulous creation Debbie ... thanks again for playing along at CCCB

Dawn said...

This is such a beautiful card. I love those rolled flowers and really like a cream and Kraft look also.
Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
.

Nicole said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Those flowers are amazing! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a beautiful card, I can see lots of effort here for the handmade flowers, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!

Monique said...

Simply Gorgeous Debbie!! Love it :)

Sheri said...

Very pretty and vintage! Love all those handmade flowers!

Caroljenks said...

Another gorgeous piece! Beautiful, those flowers are amazing!

Thanks for joining in with us again this week for our 'All Sentimental' challenge over at Top Tip Tuesday :)

Carol x

Sasha said...

Gorgeous!! So much TLC has gone into this card :>)

JeanFB said...

*gasp* This is breathtaking, Debbie! All of my favorites right here in one little project.

Gabbi said...

WOW!!! I love love love this card. I love the flowers especcially. great job. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy this week.
Gabbi

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Sharon Harnist said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie -- you are a JustRite challenge grand prize winner!

Eva said...

Debbie, your card is so very GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on winning Grand Prize at JustRite Stampers!!!

Justine said...

Wow I have missed so much here in blog land. This card is AMAZING!!! So many details that I just adore, maybe I'll just go back and admire it some more. Hugz

Charlene said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous card and definitely worthy of the Grand Prize.

Linda R. said...

WOW.. This is so beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

True :) said...

Stunning card Debbie! I love cream and kraft too!
Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Really Reasonable Ribbon's Ramblings challenge!
I am now one of your followers.  ;)  I would love it if you came to visit my blog and become a follower too!
Hugs,
True :D

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow-- super gorgeous Debbie! I saw this as the grand prize winner over at JustRite's blog...congratulations!!! Your blossoms are over the top gorgeous!!!

Aphra said...

Gorgeous color combo. And I love the lattice technique and rolled roses. Thanks for joining us at The Kraft Outlet. :)

Tracy said...

Beautiful Card! Love the colors and those rolled flowers. The lattice cuts are a great accent too. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at The Kraft Journal!

ferrellgraph-x said...

I don't know what I love more...the lattice cut or the flowers!

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Nancy said...

All I can say is WOW. Amazingly lovely.

Lyndall said...

Gorgeous card. Love it!

Cheryl Nelson said...

Truly gorgeous! LOVE the lattice work and the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

Teresa said...

This is beautiful! Love the handmade flowers.