Monday, December 6, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #39!

Welcome friends, so glad you're peeking today!  I have a few little pictures to show you for the 39th challenge at The Shabby Tea Room - entitled 'Tis The Season'!  We are all to make a holiday gift or gift set ... you can accomplish a few things all at once with this challenge -- play along for your chance to win the $10 gift certificate donated by the Crafte Brulee and create a holiday gift for that someone special on your list!  My project is almost too pretty to put away when the season is done, so you can remove the holiday tag and leave it out on display -- just keep refreshing the candies inside when it's empty!

Ready ... here we go :)


I almost lost my breath and I know my heart skipped a beat when I received the Design Team sample package from Jennifer!  It was chuck full of delicious vintage lace trims, gorgeous satin and lace handmade flowers and snipetts of pearls, glass beads and feathers ... oh my!  I knew right away what I would make as my gift set when I saw the beautiful supplies I had to work with!  Pink, cream (or tan) and blue (or aqua) is my favorite color scheme to work with!  My stamp room is decorated in pink, vintage white, pale blue with a tiny bit of apple green too!


First, let's start from the bottom and work our way up to the top!  I tea stained the package of lace trims Jennifer sent me to give them that lovely vintage and antique look!  I filled a small glass mason canning jar with pastel mints to match the color scheme.  I cut the middle out of a large paper doilie, hand gathered it up and glued it to the back of a patterened paper doilie I cut from Melissa Frances paper with a die from My Favorite Things.  I gathered and glued the antique lace to the back of these two paper doilies and then adhered this to the metal lid of the canning jar with hot glue.


Next was the fun part ... decorating the top!!  I adhered a pink glittered chipboard heart from Melissa Frances and some blue glittered leaves that I cut by hand.  I added some white tinsel trim from Stampin' Up! and some pink and blue berries.  I adhered the scrumptious lace and bead flower from Craft Brulee and then stamped this border image from Waltzingmouse with Cake Crumb ink onto Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped the images inside the frame using SU's Winter Post set and the tiny pink ribbons are from WMS.  I tucked this tag under the lace flower and then topped it off with a button, some baker's twine and two tiny jingle bells I painted {pink} ... thanks for the inspiration from my good stampy friend, Kristin (who is also my go-to gal for all things technical/computer/cricut/SCAL!).  I tied a length of pink tafetta ribbon around the wide lace to hold it around the rim of the metal lid and added a glass pendent hanging from the middle of the bow.  


Next up is the card ... because no gift set is complete without a matching card!!  In keeping with the vintage style and pink, blue and cream (tan) color palette, I used some Melissa Frances patterned papers for the base of the card.  I created a banner using a MFT die and then layered the pink sparkly alphas on top to spell out J-O-Y!  I embellished the card with all my favorites, including pink baker's twine, blue buttons, Prima flowers, Making Memories glittered chipboard, berries, a painted jingle bell and two more scrumptious vintage lace trims from Craft Brulee!!


This card just makes me SMILE :)  The stamped image on the blue background paper is from the Winter Post set from Stampin' Up! too - love it!


And here is the complete gift set ... ready to go to someone special on my list!

Please visit the Shabby Girls to see what they've designed to inspire you with this week:


Challenges for this gift set:

The Shabby Tea Room #39 - 'Tis The Season/gift
JUGS #62 - sketch
CR84FN #6 - pink, light blue, tan
Really Reasonable Ribbons #13 - anything but a card/winter theme
Top Tip Tuesday #12 - anything goes
Stamptacular Sunday #88 - blue Christmas
The Creative Cottage #28 - untraditional Christmas
Fussy & Fancy #25 - anything but a card
Simon Says Stamp & Show - holiday greeting




26 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very sweet, love all the pretty embellies, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

brenda said...

Hi there

What an absolutely beautiful gift set, so much work and attention to detail.

Thanks for joining in at Stamptacular Sunday this week and good luck.

B x

Nicole said...

Very pretty card and gift set! I especially love that card - those letters are perfect! :)

True :) said...

Beautiful projects Debbie!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Winter~Anything But a Card" challenge @ Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Hugs,
True :)
Visit my blog here.  :)

Craftyanny said...

Stunning!!! Absolutely beautiful work
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Sasmita said...

Stunning floral decoration, very beautiful!

Dawn said...

Your projects are this so beautiful- love all the yummy embellishments you used and great inspiration.
Thank you for joining us this week at
TopTipTuesday
Hope to see you real soon.

Tracy said...

wow these are stunning so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the lace and sparkle!!! So elegantly beautiful!

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Ros said...

This is beyond Shabby ... love all the details ... thanks for playing along at CCCB

Linda Robinson said...

WOW.. this is over the top.. Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

pattyo said...

How lovely! I especially love that when you remove the tag you can leave it out all year.

Amanda said...

I love it!! You have such great taste, this is AMAZING!! Great job!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Debbie! What a gorgeous gift ensemble! The jar topper looks incredible and I really am in awe of that beautiful banner showcased on your card using Lacey Circles! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

Lisa Kind said...

Very vintage, very you! So pretty! Love the decked out candy jar and the matching card is beautiful! (I recognized the pink jingle bells, too! LOL!!) Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

june lanum said...

These are so pretty and so elegant

Cheryl Nelson said...

Perfectly lovely! Thank you so much for playing along at CCCB!

Debgem said...

This is such a pretty and soft vintage card - it's gorgeous!!

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Challenge!

Greetings, Saskia :)

Kathryn B said...

This is absolutely beautiful Debbie!! Love the shabby chic look and how you incorporated all your elements together so perfectly!

Thanks so much for getting sketchy this week with Just us Girls!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous Debbie, absolutely gorgeous! So many lovely details! Love your take on the sketch and Mona's colors!!! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Alicia Weiman said...

Such a beautiful card! Love all the attention to detail! Thanks fo much for playing along with JUGS!

Dana Gustafson said...

So breathtakingly gorgeous! I just love the way you work the layers of your projects! Thank you for joining Just Us Girls this week!

Elise said...

AAAAAAaaaaccccck! These are incredible! BOTH of these projects have me smiling! You work is WONDERFUL! I am DELIGHTED that you shared your card with JUST US GIRLS! Yipeeee!

The Paper Dolls Design Team said...

Totally gorgeous, Debbie! Scrumptious detailing and beautiful hues of blue! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC and Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!