Wednesday, December 22, 2010

HTC Christmas Party 2010!

Yesterday was such a fun day here at my house ... it was my hubby's holiday work party so I got to spend the day doing nothing but primping for my 'big date'!  A couple of my friends asked to see pics, so I'm sharing a couple of them with you all here!

I began the day at the salon and had my hair and nails done!


Boy oh boy ... do I wish I could do that to my hair myself!  It's the first time I ever had a professional up-do and I think it came out AWESOME!  My stylist even put six pretty little bling-y clips all around to add some sparkle and then finished it off with a sprinkle of hair glitter - yum :)


I almost lost my breath when I found these fabby shoes and matching purse (at different stores)!  They both are a deep wine satin IRL and the shoes have those beautiful satin and organza wine and black bows - oh my!  The bling on the purse matched the bling in my hair!!



Believe it or not ... the dress is old.  I think I've had it for 2 years -- originally purchased for a cruise to the Bahamas that I earned through my Tastefully Simple business a couple years ago.  It was perfect for this Christmas party which was 'fancy dress attire'.


The hubby did get him a whole new outfit ... since he's the boss, he needs to look the part!  We found him a gorgeous black suit that almost looked like a tux, new black shoes, wine dress shirt with a crisp white collar and a beautiful black satin tie with gold dots.  We even found the most adorable (not a word my husband would use to describe them!) cuff links with racing flags on them -- my hubby is a car fanatic and owns a 2008 black Corvette!


The party was held at Wakefield Plantation TPC (Tournament Players Championship) Golf Clubhouse in Wake Forest, NC.  They had the yummiest appetizers for the first hour and a full open bar!  We were then seated and the COO of the company did a champagne toast.  He began by personally thanking my husband for all the hard work and countless hours, including traveling across the world on so many business trips that I lost count, week after week!  He had him stand and everyone gave him a round of applause.  I couldn't have been any prouder of him than at that particular moment ... recognition for a job well done is always so appreciated!



They gave away a couple of door prizes each hour and my hubby won the first one ... a $100 VISA card!  His executive assistant who brought it over to our table handed it to ME and said it was something special just for ME ... she knew how to play right into my addiction for shopping -- or maybe my husband had told her????


We were then treated to the most delicious dinner and desserts ... prime rib, smoked ham, mashed and sweet potatoes, beans, carrots, asparagus, fruit, salad, raviolies, garlic bread, two different kinds of soup!  Cheesecake and pies for dessert ... but I was too stuffed to have any!

We don't get a chance to go out all fancy like this very often ... we're lucky if it's a once a year type of thing, so yesterday was just too fun!  And yes, I slept on my side and tried not to move all night to not mess up my fancy hair do!  We're having a Christmas dinner with friends tonight and I wanted to 'save' my hair for one more day!  Crazy ... I know :)

And, I'm happy to report that my husband surpised me with tickets to see the Lion King the 2nd week in January!  I've been wanting to see this broadway show for years (it's the NY company) and it will finally be coming to Raleigh, NC after the holidays, so we are going and will make another night of it -- all dressed up for dinner and the show!  Yippiee ... I get to wear those pretty little shoes again!

It's all about the BLING for me!  Thanks for peeking!

HAVE A WONDERFUL, STAMPY DAY!!!



7 comments:

Catherine Doucette said...

Wow...you look so beautiful ;0) ..and a handsome husband too! Oh, and the SHOES! Where did you find those????

Beth said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! Loved those shoes! You and Wally looked "red carpet" ready--glad you had a great time!

pattyo said...

You two look wonderful! Love how your hair was done.

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a fabulous looking couple in a fabulous looking home! So pleased you had a wonderful time. Happy holidays! Warmest wishes, Lesley

PapierGirl said...

You look mar-vel-ous dahling! and what a great couple the two of you make! Those shoes are to die for! Have a very Merry Christmas! xx :)

Ros said...

Beautiful photos ... love those shoes! TFS

lizzidroege said...

debbie
you look so beautiful i just love the dress and shoes, it's making me want to get dressed up, hope you had a lovely time
lizzi