Friday, December 24, 2010

Fussy and Fancy #26!

Hello everyone and welcome to the 26th challenge at the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Blog!  This week our challenge is called 'SNOW' and I've created an adorable 3-D snowman and mitten gift set ...


I made an 'army' of these cutie patooties ... gave them away to the girls I stamp with each month, the girls I teach card classes to each month, the girls I play bunco with each month, my neices and nephews and anyone who visited my home during the holidays :)


They were easy peesy to assemble ... the candy wrapper is a template I found on-line wrapped around a Hershey chocolate bar.


The mittens are a Sizzix die.  I inked the edges of the mittens with winter white paint, tied some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon around the cuff and added some gold elastic cording, a tiny gold jingle bell and handmade chenille candy canes!


I sewed the tiny hats from plaid fleece, tied the top of the hat with twine and added a gold jingle bell.  I cut the top of the hat to create the fringe and then added a narrow piece of fleece for his scarf!!!


Here is how my table looked for the day I hosted bunco for the girls ... each attendee found a sweet little snowman and mitten on their plate as they sat to dine!  I LOVE to give handmade from the heart gifts to my family and friends all year long ...


... but especially at Christmas time!

This is my final Design Team post as a Fussy and Fancy Girl ... my how the past six months have flown by!

Thanks to Juanita and all the girls on the team for such a wonderful and fun experience!  Please hop on over to see what the other girlies have created for your 'SNOW'  inspiration :)

Challenges for this project:

The Shabby Tea Room #41 - Scandanivian Christmas

4 comments:

pattyo said...

Everyone must love to visit you!! (I should have stopped by!) Such a sweet set!

Sarah said...

Debbie, your snowmen and mittens are just adorable! All of the little details you included are simply divine! Merry Christmas

Pattie said...

Wow! These are absolutely adorable! I just had a moment to pop in, so I wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas from my home to yours! The presents are wrapped, the stockings are hung and I'm preparing a delicious dinner for our family to share! It's a perfect Christmas Eve with the ones I love! I hope this Christmas is everything you want and more!
Hugs,
Pattie

PapierGirl said...

How cute and your table looks beautiful! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas! :)