Monday, December 6, 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas ... Day Two!

On the second day of Christmas, my true love brought to me ...


... a vintage inspired, elegant Victorian tree!  This 6' tree adorns the set of three windows I have in my dining room which faces the front of the house and street, so this tree is especially pretty at night, lit up.  It's sparkly and beautiful from the road and even pretty up close and personal!


I started collecting ornaments and decorations for this tree approximately 15 years ago.  Just about all the ornaments are glass, vintage inspired treasures!  I start decorating with the white lights and then gently lay, twist and drape gorgeous burgundy sheer scarving throughout the branches.  Then the ornaments are draped and layered onto each branch ... at night when we flip the switch -- it's magical!


This 3' tree sits atop an antique stand from my grandmother!  It's adorned with lots of vintage loveliness, including sugared fruit, gold bows and Hallmark houses!  It sits in an oil rubbed bronze pot laced with gold embossing :)

This ceramic tree is especially sentimental to me ... it was hand painted by my grandmother many, many years ago ... probably 30 years old.  It has a base to sit on top of that allows it to light up and play music, but I love how it looks without the base sitting in the center of my dining room table!  I {heart} the glittered snow .. see, I come from a very crafty family of ladies!!


Believe it or not, this is how my dining room china hutch looks all year round!  My formal dining and living rooms are decorated very Victorian with pink walls, ornate dentil, crown and chair rail trim and lots of antiques and vintage charm.  I collect tea cups and tea sets and love to have tea parties with my best girlfriends :)  I leave the garland, sugared fruit and white lights on top of my hutch all year and turn it on in the evenings for a bit of sparkle!



This pretty little altered frame is something I made last year using lots of Webster's Pages yummies and a bit of Prima flowers and Making Memories chipboard.  I spray painted a gold Victorian frame with winter white paint and then very gently sanded it here and there so a bit of the gold peeks through.  The WP pattered paper tree was carefully cut out and then adorned with lots of glitter and pearls!

The sweet little stockings are 4 from a set of 8 handmade pockets of love!  The stocking part is burgundy embossed velvet and the cuff is gold satin.  I use them on my holiday dining table and slip the silverware into the pockets at each place setting!  I also make sure each dinner guest has a treat of some kind to unwrap at their seat ... little bits and bobs of special-ness ... nothing big or elaborate, but always FUN!

Thanks for peeking on day two of my 12 Days of Christmas Holiday Home Tour!

Pop on back tomorrow for some more shares :)

1 comment:

pattyo said...

What a gorgeous home and decorations you have! How thoughtful to have little gifts for your guests!