Sunday, December 5, 2010

The 12 Days of Christmas ... Day One!

On the first day of Christmas, my true love brought to me ...


... a pretty, 9' americana themed Christmas tree decorated in a folkart design style with red, white and blue decorations and glass ornaments!!  My family room is red, white and blue all year round, so our tree must fit this theme!  Underneath from left to right are Rudolph and Clairessa stuffed animals my boys made me several years back from the Build a Bear Shop, a teddy bear family and a lovely antique sled (over 100 years old) topped with a folkart primitive doll, some of my favorite holiday books and an americana quilt I made about 10 years ago ... one of my absolute treasures!


One of my favorite things in our Vintage inspired, pink Victorian custom home is this gorgeous fireplace and mantle.  I found it in a magazine many years ago and saved the picture.  When we decided to have this home built, I gave the picture to the trim carpenter and asked him to duplicate it!  He did a wonderful job ... I actually cried when I arrived on site upon completion of the fireplace and saw his masterful work!!  I've decorated the mantle with wooden santas I've collected over the years, a festive green garland that I've tied snipetts of americana fabrics onto, white lights, a red, white & blue berry garland and the sweetest, shiny red jingle bells that light up with white lights!  At the top is an americana wreath that I made as well.

I made about 90% of the window treatments for my home ... including these in the family room.  The main fabric is a red and taupe toile, bordered with navy blue linen and the bottom are lace panels handmade with love!  I have 8 windows in my family room and I love how the lace panels provide privacy but allow a lot of light to flood into our most-used room in the house :)



Another one of my favorite treasures is my Willow House Hallmark nativity set ... so simple, yet so elegant and breathtaking.  I love looking at it!



I made this cutie pie last holiday season ... the reindeer is a pretty Decor Elements vinyl art piece from Stampin' Up! that I put onto a winter white sprayed background, framed in a beautiful gold weathered frame,  added a red grosgrain ribbon collar, a cute jingle bell and lots of stickles and mica flake glitter for sparkle and shine. 


This is the very first quilt I ever made ... probably about 12 years ago.  I took a class at a local college and we learned how to make each panel with a different quilting technique each week of the 4 week class!  When we were done, we each had a beautiful keepsake quilt to treasure for years to come!  I especially love the sparkly star ... all those points were killer to match up, but the end result is so lovely!


I'm a big teddy bear and doll collector and have collected Boyd's Bears for approximately 16 years.  This is my sweet nativity set ... the theme is called 'School Pagent' and all the bears are to reflect school children dressed in costumes for their holiday pagent.  It's so precious IRL ... I've sprinkle mica flake glitter all around the figurines for a sparkly snowy effect.  The trick is keeping my sweet little, curious kitty cat out of the glitter ... she loves to paw at it and knock it off the table onto the floor!!

Thanks for peeking!  Be sure to pop back in tomorrow for a few more peeks and treats!!

3 comments:

cbuswell said...

Wow, your house is decorated so beautifully, love the Christmas tree!!

pattyo said...

Thanks for sharing a peek at your gorgeous decorations, Debbie! The handmade items, in particular, are so precious! I was just putting out my Boyds Bears Christmas decorations today. I just love them!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Your house looks so lovely!