Friday, November 12, 2010

Sweet Stampin' #52!

Hey my bloggity blog friends ... hope you're having a wonderful stampy day today!  I'm so excited to share the Week #52 challenge theme from the Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog with you all today - SNOWFLAKES!!!  I {adore} snowflakes, snowmen, mittens and hot cocoa ... as long as all the 'snow stuff' is paper and not the real thing!

I was born and rasied in upstate NY where it's cold 3/4 of the year and have lived in the lovely, warm southern part of the US for the past 16 years ... I quickly found out that I'm a 'warm weather' type of gal.  I prefer the beach and one of those drinkies with the colorful umbrellas in it as opposed to boots, shovels and piles of snow!  Don't get me wrong, it's so pretty to look at and I have such fond memories of pulling my sweet little boys around on their sleds during those cold, blustery winter days, but I much prefer the sunny skies and dry roads that we have here in central NC!  We rarely get snow here, but when we do it's a doosey!  Everything shuts down and we just stay home hunkerd in for the duration - FUN :)

So here is my snowflake card ...


... I used JustRite's new Sparky and Friends & Sparky the Snowman stamp sets for the stamped snowflakes and sentiment.  The sparkly, glittered snowflake and the adorable mitten are dies from Sizzix that I cut out with my Big Shot.  Sweet baker's twine from Really Reasonable Ribbons and all other supplies Stampin' Up!  Label die is from Spellbinders.  Isn't this color combo of white, blue and silver simply dreamy?  This card just makes me smile, how 'bout you??



I cannot wait to see all of your snowflake creations this week ... I hope you have some time to play along!

Challenges for this card:

Sweet Stampin' #52 - snowflakes
Flourishes FLLCNOV10 - warm winter wishes
Really Reasonable Ribbons #11 - winter w/blue, white & silver
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty #4 - bows for Christmas
Mojo Monday #164 - sketch
The Creative Cottage #27 - someone special for Christmas
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #92 - glitter
Crafty Creations #93 - buttons
Cute Card Thursday #138 - anything goes

11 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

What a pretty mitten! Great sparkle!

I think I'm a warm weather girl too....but here I am stuck in a climate with winter! :)

pattyo said...

I love the snow, so I love this card! I don't like to have to drive when it snows, but it is beautiful to watch.

Charlotte said...

I just think this is such a fabulous card. I like everything about it. It is so pretty with the blue and silver and the ribbon gives it a great touch.

Saskia said...

So sweet!

Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great winter themed card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Faye said...

Couldn't leave this scrummy little number off could I?! Love the cute blue mitten. xx

Grenouille Greetings said...

Love the oversized motif and the frosty blue colour scheme! Warmest wishes (tee hee), Lesley

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along in the Crafty Creations button challenge this week! Beautiful project! Cheers Claire x

Craftyanny said...

A wonderful card, love all the little details.
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage this week
Anne x

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! I love the ribbon.
Thank you for joining us at CCT! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Donna said...

Very festive card...thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x