Monday, November 29, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #38!

This week, Pattie is our lovely host and she has chosen the theme of  'Get In Shape' for us all to play along with at The Shabby Tea Room!  What this means is to create a card or project using NO rectangles or squares for the base of your card - FUN!


The shape I chose is a mitten ... inspired by THIS card I made with one of my paper crafting clubs last December :)  I traced and cut a mitten shape out of a piece of cardboard and then traced onto my cardstock base.  I covered the mitten and thumb parts with a GORGEOUS piece of digi paper from The Digi Chick Shop - Noel - A Vintage Christmas Kit by Mari Koegelenberg.  The cuff is covered with some sparkle polka dot paper from My Mind's Eye.  
 

Next was the fun part ... I decided to go all vintage and shabby {YUM} with my mitten, so I added a couple of layers of lace, satin and organza ribbons, berries, glittered paper flower and chipboard snowflake, button with baker's twine and tiny jingle bells, pearls and a tag that I cut using a Spellbinder's die.

I stamped the sentiment and the sweet snowflakes on the bottom of the mitten using JustRite's newest cling sets - Sparky the Snowman & Sparky and Friends.  I am simply in love with JR's new cling sets - easy peesy to use!!  And, JustRite happens to be the sponsor for the #38th challenge this week, so hop on over and give our shaped card/project challenge a try!  We can't wait to see what you create :)

Please visit the Shabby Girls' blogs for some delicious inspiration:

Lisa Golzbein (on vacation this week)

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #38 - shaped card
Cupcake Inspirations #87 - photo inspiration
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty #4 - bows for Christmas
JUGS #61 - 3-D embellie
Create Blog Spotting - Christmas with bows
Polka Doodles #47 - 'twas the night before Christmas
The Creative Cottage #28 - untraditional Christmas
Crafty Creations #95 - Christmas
Meljen's Designs #35 - buttons & bows
Really Reasonable Ribbons #12 - Christmas
Simon Says Stamp - snow
Top Tip Tuesday #11 - layer upon layer
Our Creative Corner - tags
Simon Says Stamp & Show - tags
Beary Sweet #14 - anything goes

19 comments:

Jo said...

LOVE this! what a fabulous card idea! *claps*
Hope you have a fab week
Jo xx

Nicole said...

Super cute mitten, Debbie! I think you out-did yourself with this one! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Wow!! I love the embellishments! The mitten shape is adorable too :)

Thanks so much for sharing your work with us in the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Terrific Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Saskia said...

Gorgeous and unique card! Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us!

Saskia :)

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous! Love that shape! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

pattyo said...

This is the cutest thing! Love how you dressed up the cuff.

Audrey Pettit said...

Think this may just be my favorite of yours yet!! Gorgeous!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Debbie - so great to see you at The Beary Scrap DT and Challenge blog! This mitten is absolutely gorgeous. I love how the flourish on the end of the tag balances the snowflake on the cuff. So sweet!

Thanks for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge - good luck!

Cheers,
Susan

Viola Mahr said...

Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for leaving your sweet comment on my blog! I'm so glad you like my work, and I'll be super happy to participate in the Shabby Tea Room blog challenge! Thanks for letting me know... I'm honored to make a new friend in you :) and Geri is a sweetie...

I looove this beautiful, soft-colored mitten .... it's so gorgeous and I don't think I can ever do anything without squares or rectangles like you girls did! :) Thank you for sharing!

hugs,
Vio

Lisa said...

Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for playing with MelJens this week!

Nancy Wethington said...

Adorable! Love the mitten idea. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge Blog.

Grenouille Greetings said...

How beautifully understated! Joke! This is lovely and just crammed full of lovely 'bellies! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Rebekah said...

Wow Debbie another beautiful creation! Love that shape! Thanks for joining us again at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx

Lisa Kind said...

Debbie, you do vintage better than anyone I know! I had to laugh when you said you "decided" to do vintage! LOL!!! Seriously, this mitten is GORGEOUS!!! I love the soft blue and all the elements you've added are the perfect touch, as usual! So, so pretty Debbie! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Kristin Bueter said...

Ha ha ha...I also had to laugh when I read that you "decided to go vintage" :] Girl, you are a shabby chic vintage lady through and through!! LOL

Love all the vintage 3-D holiday embellishments on this card also! Great design in the shape of a mitten with all the fun stuff focused around the cuff :] SO cute!

So glad you played along with Just Us Girls this week!!

Andrea M said...

Way to rock the embellies Debbie! Your 3D components are absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week!

Marlena Peduzzi said...

Great Project! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Meljen's Designs!

Tip Top said...

Beautiful! Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!