Monday, November 15, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #36!

Good morning bloggity friends and welcome to the 36th challenge at The Shabby Tea Room!  This week Lisa is our lovely host and she has challenged us to create a card or project with a 'Thankful' theme!


I absolutely adore this sweet, vintage image - that little boy is simply precious pushing his little wheel barrow filled with bountiful treasures!!  The stamp set is called Hangin' Around from JustRite Stamps ... isn't that sentiment perfect!  I stamped the tiny pumpkin, colored it in, cut it out and adhered to the card base with a dimensional for some depth. 

My newest addiction (besides sewing on my cards) is burnt edge flowers!  I had some gold shimmery material in my stash from my sewing/quilting days, so I pulled it out and made this pretty little posey - I {heart} it all crumply and sweet!  The center is a rolled paper flower in navy blue to which I added a splash of gold glitter on the edges - yum!

I cut the scalloped oval frame from a nestability die and coated it with gold glimmer glass - so pretty IRL!  The mini calendar page and rouched lace are from Stampin' Up!  The Vintage Cream Shabby Seam Binding is from my Etsy Shop.  Navy blue leaf cut with my Cricut.

Have a peek at the other Shabby Girls' blogs to see their lovely inspiration this week:


Thanks for peeking ... now hop on over to the Tea Room and give our 'Thankful' challenge a try!  I'm excited to see what you'll create this week!

Happy crafting :)

Challenges for this card:

Create for Cards - fall projects
Our Creative Corner - rust, blue, gold, brown
Cute Card Thursday #138 - anything goes
Paperplay #45 - ribbon, lace, flowers
Simon Says Stamp & Show - what makes you happy

19 comments:

Ros said...

Really pretty Debbie ... love all the details ... thanks ever so much for playing along with us at CCCB

Linda Robinson said...

Oh my goodness this is such a wonderful creation. I love that vintage feel... Love it.. Thanks for joining us again at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

So sweet and lovely! LOVE that vintage image! Thank you so much for playing along with CCCB this week!

Hanne said...

This is so pretty!

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I love that vintage image!

pattyo said...

This card creates such a warm feeling!

Denise said...

Another beauty by you. I love your vintage creations. Sweet image. Nicely done!
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Royalty!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh so pretty, that vintage image is so adorable, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

I love that wonderful Thanksgiving vintage image and I think this card turned out spectacular in that color palette. That November calendar is perfect for this piece! So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Annie said...

thank you for joining in with our anything goes challenge on CCT!
hugs, annie x

Sandra Farrell said...

Wow - what an amazing card. Thanks so much for joining us in remembrance this week at Stampin' Royalty

Georgeann Manning said...

GORGEOUS! you really captured the vintage feel of the image in the rest of the card. Amazing! What a treat it was to see this card! Thanks for playing this weeks Stampin Royalty challenge!

Lori said...

Absolutely adorable card! Just love the vintage feel! Your flower is wonderful, too! Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

Julie said...

Super cute card! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie

mforquer said...

Debbie as always a very lovely card! I love all the extras here - the detail goes a long way! Beautiful and thanks for playing at Meljen's Designs this week - can't wait to see what you make the next week!
Melissa

Abi said...

Wow, I adore your flowers. Such a gorgeous card x

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the image and the color scheme!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a beautiful card, Debbie! Love the vintage feel and yes, your flower is stunning!
Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Food challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Terry said...

I also love that gorgeous vintage image and your flowers! Beautiful!