Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stitched With Love!


I had some time today to 'just play' ... back to creating for teams and deadlines tomorrow!  I decided to look up a couple of my favorite challenge blogs to see what they had posted for challenges and found some fun ones to play along with this afternoon :)



The JustRite Friday Inspiration Challenge #40 is to make a card or project using fall colors and JR stamps.  I used the Applique set - one of my all time favorites!  I decided to make a miniature quilt with the Applique stamps, stitched it together with my sewing machine, bound the edges with twill tape, spritzed it with gold, tattered rose and vintage cream Glimmer Mists from Tattered Angels and then added some champagne colored pearls to the centers of each square!  I hung my sweet little paper quilt using mini clothespins and hung it on a line with rope twine!

The sketch I used for this design is this week's Waltzingmouse Sketch #19 ... they want us to use stamping as the main focal point of our design which I did with my little quilt!  Such a sweet and simple sketch and I just blinged mine up a bit with a few spritzes and embellies!!!

Other challenge this card fits:

The Shabby Tea Room #32 - chocolate covered autumn
Our Creative Corner - embellies/the more the merrier

*Paper Crafts Magazine has this definition of Vintage Style:  Soft, distressed elements, vintage images and found elements such as buttons, crochet trim, flowers made out of old dress patterns.

14 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is a gorgeous stamp, love it! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

pattyo said...

So adorable, Debbie! Love how you actually made the quilt to hang with the little clothespins!

Cor* said...

Debbie, your style is so inspiring. Makes me wish I was more vintage!!

Kathlene said...

Beautiful patchwork design and that stamp is wonderful. Love your choice of colors too. Great job!

Ros said...

Lovely card Debbie and very cleverly done ... thanks for being a regular at CCCB

Savitri said...

This is stunning!! Wow!! Love the stamping and the colors!! Thanks for playing with the Mischief Makers!!!

Sprytebyrd said...

What beautiful colors!! This is a lovely card!

Thanks so much for joining us in our Tags challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

mforquer said...

This is gorgeous! Love the colors and that tag is too cute! Thanks for playing at Meljen's this week!
Melissa

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Debbie! Great way to combine all those challenges! Thanks for playing along with the WMSC :)

Audrey Pettit said...

That is just beautiful, Debbie! Love the quilt you created!

Sheri said...

Very pretty! I love the vintage look and that stamp fit perfectly!

Julia Aston said...

Love your framed quilt, the great colors, the fun clothespins! thanks for playing with the WMS sketch this week!

Linda Robinson said...

Perfect Vintage Card. You do Vintage best... Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so pretty! thank you for playing along at CCCB