Monday, September 27, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #29!

Oh my shabby goodness ... Clare is our host this week in the Tea Room and she has chosen this GORGEOUS photo as inspiration for us all to work from:




Our challenge is called "Pearls and Pastels" and we are to create a card or project inspired by the photo!



I took this picture very literally and not only used the colors in the photo, but I also created a 'jeweled bracelet' on my card!  This was so much fun to design ... I hit my treasure baskets and pulled out lots of pearls, rhinestones, buttons, flowers, beads and bobbles that looked like this breathtaking bracelet and set to work!

JustRite is our sponsor again in the Tea Room this week {love them!}!  I used both the Vintage Christmas stamp set and the Christmas Nested Sentiments!!  I also used the current #37 sketch challenge at the JR blog to create my card!


I die cut the large snowflake from chipboard, spray painted it white and then glittered it (yum!).  Many of you will remember that I used this exact same die and technique for my personal holiday card last year ... 50 glittered snowflakes -- doesn't get much better than that in 'Debbie land'!!!

A little stamping, a little sewing, some more glittering and lots of layers and texture.  So much FUN :)

Please hop on over to the Tea Room to be inspired by the other Shabby Girls' creations and visit their personal blogs too ... so much talent:

Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Clare Buswell - Clare's Creations
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute By Lisa
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Pattie Goldman - The Pampered Paper Patch

I cannot wait to see what YOU will create using this beautiful picture as inspiration!

Challenges for this design:

JustRite #37 - sketch
The Pink Elephant #84 - aqua, DSP and embellies
Crazy 4 Challenges #56 - Bling

12 comments:

Pattie said...

Debbie, this is Oh So Gorgeous! I just love all those little bits and pieces and trinkets and charms! And, why are we up so late?!
Hugs,
Pattie

june lanum said...

who wouldn't want to get this card for Christmas, not to mention that bracelet.
beautiful card................

Lenet said...

Love this challenge!
Your take is just stunning with al those little treasures!!

cbuswell said...

wow, this is amazing, I love the fabulous jeweled area, great texture!!! just gorgeous!! : )

Peggy said...

Love your take on the bracelet and sketch. Very creative. By the way, love the colors.
God bless!

pattyo said...

You've outdone yourself on this card, Debbie! I just love your "bracelet" along the botton! Makes me long for the holidays!

Betty Wright said...

Debbie, this is scrumptious! The snowman is super cute and the colors are fabulous! However, your dimension button and stuff border had me "ooing" and "awing"! Awesome card! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie! Reminds me of your Christmas card last year! Great colors and I love that snowman! :)

Sheri said...

This is WOW! I love the colors! You captured the pic perfectly!

Paper Boutique said...

Soooooo in love with this one, so much texture, I just want my hands in it!

PapierGirl said...

Oh Deb - this is gorgeous! Love all the little treasures at the bottom! :)

Cath said...

Hey Debbie! Thanks for entering the Holiday Cards & More Week Jolly Holiday Greetings challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun! :)