Monday, September 13, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations #30!


I'm in {love} with the Week #30 color combo that Megan has chosen for us to work with this week at the Picture Perfect Creations Challenge Blog!



I used some old 'Summer Picnic' DSP and embossed it with the swiss dot embossing folder.  The Espresso rectangles are embossed as well.  The handmade paper flower is two 8 1/2" x 1" strips of Pear CS that I border punched and then cranked through the crimper.  I then rolled it into the shape of a flower, glueing as I went around.  I gathered a white paper doilie behind the flower, added some Bashful Blue tafetta ribbon, a chocolate trinket pin and some yummy blue and green berries ... YUM!

Hop on over to the PPC Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other DT girlies creations this week and then give this AWESOME color combo a try :)

Challenges for this card: 

The Shabby Tea Room #27 - nature and/or green
Paper Sundaes #35 - 3 embellies
Really Reasonable Ribbons - flowers & ribbon
Our Creative Corner - fun folds (handmade flower)

13 comments:

Ros said...

Beautiful card Deb ... love the colour combo but haven't seen this posted at PPCCC yet ...

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

I LOVE your card! The pins & the flower & the ribbon & the... well, you get the picture!
~Paula

Susan Allan said...

Gorgeous flower and the blue and chocolate are lovely colours together.
It looks beautiful!!
Sue xx

Pattie said...

Beautiful card Debbie! I love the colors Megan chose this week and your flower is so yummy! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great card Debbie! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card Debbie! That flower is such a lovely focal point and great layout by the way!

Audrey Pettit said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! I love that color combo. Anything with chocolate brown gets my heart racing. ;) Your flower is gorgeous. So lush and full. Looks great backed with the doily and the pins.

Nicole said...

Pretty card, Debbie! Love the embossing! :)

France said...

Hi Debbie, Oooh I love how you placed the embossed paper on your layout and that Bow... Just adorable.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Paper Sundaes !

Nana said...

Gorgeous card and great color combo! Love that flower. :)
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous card, I love the flower you made. Would you mind if I have a go at doing these flowers? Love the colour combo so pretty.

fi's cards and crafts said...

this is stunning...love the flower. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oooh, Debbie, I'm drooling over that flower! I am so into handmade flowers and using the border punch and crimper is something that I haven't tried - yet (LOL!!). Such a super take on the folds theme - I truly hadn't thought of that (or I would have had one on my sample too). So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.