Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge #86!

Wow, I've been waiting for what seems like {forever} for this day to arrive ... it's Tuesday, so a brand new Timeless Tuesday Challenge at the Flourishes Blog and your host this week is -- ME :)


I was tickled {pink} when Betty contacted me last month and asked if I'd be interested in hosting a Tuesday Challenge in September - yippiee!  I chose the theme of 'Harvest Home' and would love to see your designs this week focused on what touches you at this time of year centered around the abundant fall harvests and warm cozy feeling of your home!  Maybe you love to pick bushels full of apples and make pies ... maybe you love to curl up on the couch with a warm mug of mulled apple cider and a good book ... maybe you love to entertain and invite friends over to share in some of the delicious fall bounty ... maybe you love talking walks in the cool, brisk air while the leaves crunch under your feet.  I want to see your creativity flow and cannot wait to see what touches you at this special time of the year :)



I hosted a dinner party for 12 guests last Saturday night and decided to make favors for each of the couples to take home at the end of the night!  I designed them in lovely fall colors of pumpkin, olive, chocolate and vanilla, and filled them with delicious mini jars of Rhubarb Strawberry Jam!



I used the 'Jam Packed' template and 'Lattice Collection 2' digital papers in Acorn Squash from My Time Made Easy!




I made little place cards using the Seeds of Friendship and Autumn Flourishs sets ...



and I used the Cottage Home and Berry Sweet sets to create an invitation!



The lovely paper flowers are Prima and a vintage yo-yo from a recent antiquing day!



The guests were so surprised when they saw the goodies on the table ...



and were double-ly excited when they realized they could take the treat boxes home!



This was a fun project to design and make ...



and such an honor to work with the girlies at Flourishes this week!



Please take a minute to visit the other Designers blogs to see their inspiration and lovely projects this week for our 'Harvest Home' challenge!


Dee


Maki



I cannot wait to see what you come up with for this fun, fall-themed challenge :)

Challenges for this project:

JUGS #52 - template
Stamptacular Sunday #78 - season's change fall colors
Create for Cards - cards with leaves
Meljen's Designs #26 - autumn colors
City Crafter Challenge Blog #24 - flowers, lace/doilie (my yo-yo counts for doilie!)


30 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Debbie! We are so thrilled at Flourishes that you said, yes! You are amazing! Wonderful ensemble of placecards, gift box, and invitation. Beautifully done! Thanks for hosting a fabulous and fun challenge!

Sylvia said...

That was fast! Love your projects, Debbie. They are beautiful as always!

Saskia said...

Wow! You're so creative!! Beautiful project!
Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

Sweet greetings, Saskia
(guest designer)

june lanum said...

Debbie this is absolutely gorgeous, it is just breathtaking and the table setup is beautiful

Dee Jackson said...

Hi Debbie! Wow you out did yourself with this. Your project is just gorgeous!! I can imagine your friends were thrilled to take the goodies home.
We are so happy you joined us this week. Thank you for the fun challenge.

Makiko Jones said...

Your project is absolutely fabulous, Debbie!! So many wonderful ideas to set the table for the dinner party...Thank you for the inspiration and hosting a great fall theme challenge.

Dawn B. said...

Debbie this is amazing.> Wow so much work here.. I want to come to your house.. I love all of this.. Great challenge.

Annette said...

Oh Debbie, you've done it again! What an absolutely STUNNING gift ensemble! Thanks again for joining us at SSC this week.

Monique said...

Holy Molie..This is awesome Lots of work and detail... I just love the seed packets for place cards. Great work !!

Ros said...

Very pretty Debbie ... I bet your guests were delighted and thrilled with their gift ... Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wonderful creation, what a great table layout! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB! Always good to have you here!

Sheri said...

What a thoughtful gift! Just beautiful!

Maria Levine said...

WOW, so amazing! How cool of you to make those for your guests! They look fabulous on the table! I'll bet they were a huge hit at your dinner party! Faublous job and thanks so much for playing along with JUST US Girls this week.

acreativeneed said...

This is a wonderful project set and such a lovely table for your guests! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations and congratulations on being the challenge hostess at Flourishes this month!
smiles,Deena

Paper Boutique said...

What a wonderful treat I bet your guests were all in awe!

pattyo said...

I bet everyone was thrilled when they saw their surprise at the dinner table. How thoughtful and adorable! You must be the hostess with the mostess!

ChristineCreations said...

Fantastic projects! What a fabulous hostess you are...I bet your guests loved them!

Andrea M said...

Oh my gosh Debbie - these are completely amazing!!! I love the whole set but the box is particularly stunning :) Thanks so much for playing along with us at JUGS this week!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Debbie, we are so thrilled to have you as our Guest Designer this week...yeahh!!!

And my I just say W-O-W-Z-E-R to your fabulous fall creation!!! Love the MTME goodies with the Flourishes Set. Oh and before I forget when should I stop by your house for the party....LOL?!?

Thank you for fun challenge and we hope you have a blast this week!!! Hugs ~S~

Denise Clark said...

What a wonderful set! Wow! I love that flower! Gorgeous! The table setting is outstanding! Incredible!

Lori said...

Thsese are gorgeous! I would *love* to attend a dinner party like that! Thanks for joining 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Tamie said...

Wow, Debbie these boxes rock! I am with Lori...that would be a super fun dinner party to attend. Alot of work went into it and the boxes are stunning. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, my gosh! Debbie, can I come to your next dinner party? These are amazing and your table looks just gorgeous! I really do love your work!
Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday and Meljen's Designs ♥ Good luck on our Autumn challenges!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Barbara said...

Oh, my goodness! What an awesome array of projects! Just perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this month--you are full of inspiration!

Kathryn B said...

WOW! What a beautiful gift box i'm sure your guests were very happy!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Cheryl Nelson said...

WOWZERS!! So amazing!! How do I get on your guest list?!! haha!

Linda Robinson said...

Your creations are alway just so fabulous.. I just love see what you come up with... So glad you joined us at CCCB!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Debbie - you sure have been quite busy! Great gift ensemble! Thanks for the fun challenge at Flourishes this week!

Graphicat said...

Busy lady!! Wow! Those boxes are just gorgeous! With that flower on them?!?! Yikes! Im in awe! Thank you so much for joining us at STamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Carolyn said...

Absolutely amazing. Totally beautiful. I bet your guests were exstatic. How wonderful to find out you receive such a beautiful gift. Thanks for sharing it with us during our Change of Season challenge, please come back and join us this week for the Layer It On Challenge.
Hugs xx
Carolyn