Monday, September 6, 2010

4 Crafty Chicks DEBUT!!

Hi all ... I hope everyone in the US is enjoying their Labor Day holiday!  I sure am -- spending some crafty time in my design room since the hubby is traveling overseas on business and the boys are getting ready to head back to college.  We're going to grab dinner together first, so I get to squeeze another hour's worth of visit out with them!!!

I have some exciting news I wanted to share with all my bloggity friends ... my stampy friend and fellow Shabby Girl Design Team member, Melissa Hubert, from My Paper Obsession has gotten together with some of her friends and they have started a brand new weekly challenge blog!  How cool is that!!  The Week #1 challenge is a fun sketch, and I was delighted to have the time to play along for the inaugural fun ...

My hubby and I will be celebrating our TWENTY-FOURTH wedding anniversary two weeks from today, so I thought I'd use one of these adorable Jenni Bowlin calendars to circle the date and give to him a couple days early so he is sure to REMEMBER and bring me a little sparkly bling!!  You know these men of ours, they usually need prompting to remember such things!!

I love the soft, vintage tones on this card ... some distressing around the edges ... some masculine elements and some girlie stuff too!

Be sure to pay Melissa a visit at the brand new 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge Blog and leave her a sweet comment too :)

Challenges for this card:

4 Crafty Chicks #1 - sketch
Color Throwdown #108 - kraft, saffron, chocolate chip
Stamptacular Sunday #75 - distressing
Cute Card Thursday #128 - fabric/material/lace
The Creative Cottage #22 - celebrations
Papertake Weekly - just one
Simon Says Stamp & Show - layers
Really Reasonable ribbons - flowers & ribbons
Flourishes Bringing Back Beauty #2 - rustic beauty
The Shabby Tea Room #26 - tag

19 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card, Debbie! Love that calendar card.

Graphicat said...

What an awesome Anniversary card! I love how you've circled the date on the calendar! And AWESOME ribbon/fabric? at the top there!
Thank you for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Tamie said...

Hey Debbie, great card. I bet your DH will just love it and bring you some nice bling! Congrat's on 24 years. Thanks for promoting our new challenge blog. Your card is an awesome take on Leanne's sketch. Love the colors you picked too. Thanks for joining us for our first challenge, hope to see you next week too!

Tamie - 4 Crafty Chicks DT

JD said...

This is a great anniversary card...and great idea...We celebrated our anniversary this week too. (I didn't make a card...but I don't think my hubby minded that I didn't)

Nancy said...

Happy (early) anniversary! 24 years - a great milestone!
Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in with us!

Lori said...

Hi Debbie! Awesome card for a DH reminder! hahaha good idea... I might just have to try that! Thanks for playing with us on our inaugural challenge!

Deb Hickman said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a great idea using a calender on front of the card and marking the day!!!
Thanks for linking the new challenge site,looks fun!!

Tracy said...

another great card, fabulous design.Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, I hope you will join us again. Tracy x

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

Great card! Happy anniversary too!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Debbie! You've done a great job with the sketch - the calendar is an awesome idea! I hope you'll have time to play with us again this week. :)

OH - congrats on {almost} 24 years! That's a LONG time!

Shelly said...

Lovely calendar card! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly x

Yvonne Hagane said...

Awesome card, Debbie!!

Vanja said...

This is just beautiful! I love the way you added material.
Thank you for joining us at CCT this week! :)
Hugs, Vanja

acreativeneed said...

Lovely and smart Debbie!! lol Congratulations on 24 years!!
smiles,Deena

Paper Boutique said...

This is awesome, what a nice way to "prompt" it! Hope it works and congrats!

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

Beautiful card Debbie and congratulations on 24yrs!!!!

Leonie said...

Fabbo!! Love the vintage feel and I love the idea of giving it to him a bit early so he 'remembers'..lol great job and thanks for joining us for our distressing challenge this week at SSC.
Hugs leonie

PapierGirl said...

You know I'm a fan of your work and I can add this one to my list! I love those calendars - have a pkg myself but yet to use them (you know how that is) but you have inspired me to do so! Happy Anniversary and congratulations - there are very few couples that can toot their horn for that many years together! We will be celebrating our first anniversary next month but have been together for 13 years! :)

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Great fall colors! I like the brown ribbon too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah