Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Truly Scrumptious #39!

For our next challenge at the Truly Scrumptious Challenge Blog we have a neat little sketch and the optional theme of brads, buttons and bows!

I just won a couple of a-dorable Lollipop images from Lori Boyd at  The Pink Elephant yesterday, so I decided to use Landon on my DT project this week!  I turned the sketch sideways and made two cards -- one for each of my sons who are away at college ...

For 'Brandon Michael' - a sophomore at NC State University (look close to find his earring!):


For 'Justin Matthew' - a freshman at Campbell University:



Don't you think my college-aged sons will simply {love} these??!!??!!??!!  Oh well, mom had fun making them and I hope you're enjoying peeking at them.  If they don't display them on their desks at school (which I am SURE they will NOT!), then they can use them as bookmarks!

I used JustRite's Curlz Monogram Stamper Kit 1 5/8" Harmony Classic Circle Stamper I for the monograms of the boys' initials!

Challenges for these cards: 

Truly Scrumptious #39 - sketch and optional buttons, brads & bows
Our Creative Corner - back to school
Claudia & Company #3 - sketch and digi images (turned sideways)
Stampin' Royalty #33 - School Days
My Favorite Things WSC - Hit the Books

20 comments:

Michele said...

Such fabulous cards Debbie!!! Love the colours. Hugs Michele x

Rica said...

Fabulous cards Debbie, That is one cute dude and I love how you've personalized them for each son.
hugs Heather xx

Sharon said...

These are fab Debbie. I'm sure your sons will love them (even if they don't admit it!)

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Debbie, this is completely adorable! The image is so sweet and I love that school writing paper you used! Terrific take on this week's back to school challenge. So happy to see you joining in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner!

LORi said...

Debbie Girl...you have created 2 handsome cards. WOWZA!! I am so happy you like your lollipops!! Thanks for sharing them with C&Co.

Your sons have wonderful names BTW!!

HUGS - LORi

p.s. I got your email will write you in just a bit!! hugs!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute, Debbie!! I love how you personalized his little shirt!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at C&C!!
Sheri-C&C DT

kadie said...

ooooo! Love these! SO cute and clever!

Lisette Morris said...

Great cards! I'm sure it will bring smiles to your son's faces even if they hide it after.LOL!

Mandy said...

Hi Debbie,
Two fabulous cards..Love the images and the papers are perfect..I'm sure your sons will love them...
Mandy xx

Tracy said...

Ack!!! Aren't these just the cutest! Love how you personalized these Debbie. Your sons will love them. After all you made 'em. Great job with our monthly challenge. Thank you so much for joining us at Claudia & Co.

Hugs,
Tracy

pattyo said...

I think your sons will love these! A little touch of home and Mom when they're away.

Marge said...

How cute are these?!!! Great cards!!!

g said...

these are super cute and i love how you personalized them!

Sheri said...

These are really cute!! TFS!!

Wendy said...

I love the log on his shirts! Very creative! Great job on the card and for playing with our MFT gang!

Leigh OBrien said...

These made me giggle...what a fun boy character! Great cards!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my! Totally ADORABLE! Made me giggle!

Alex Maldonado said...

eeek, these are so cute Debbie! I can totally see the looks on your "boys'" faces! :) Absolutely adorable!!

Krista said...

This is absolutely adorable!!! Love the colours and your take on the sketch! Great card! Thanks for playing along with us at Claudia & Co!
Krista :)

Julie said...

So cute Debbie! Great job personalizing the cards!