Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Star is Born ...

Well, this is my final week as a Guest Designer for the Crafty Creations Challenge Blog ... it has gone by quickly and has been so much fun!  Since the name of this blog is 'Crafty Creations', I decided to not make a traditional card this week.  Instead I had fun with a shape and created a little hanging decoration -- although there is blank space on the back of my design for writing in any sentiment for when the time comes to give this little treasure away!  The CC challenge calls for 3 patterned papers, 2 ribbons and 1 charm - FUN!


I am just in {love} with the soft and fall-inspired color pallete for this design!  I first cut out a star shape from a piece of cardboard and then traced that onto some cork I recently got from MFT.  Then I adhered the two pieces together with spray adhesive for stablization of the project since I knew I was going to shabby it up with lots of lovelies!


I inked all the edges to give it a shabby, soft and vintage look and then stamped a bingo card image into the center of the cork star.  I also stamped a fleur-de-lis image at the top of the star, added glitter and a pearl. 



Next came the fun step of adding embellishments (yummy) ... so this little sweetie plays along with many current challenges out in blog land today ... including the Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger photo inspiration!


Then I set about to decorate the front of the star by adding a pennant banner that I stamped on mustard DSP with different colored markers and then cut it out, inked the edges and adhered it to the star over some hemp cording with buttons finishing off the ends.

The delicious embellishment in the center of the design is a scrumpled flower I die cut with my Big Shot, distressed and inked the edges and added a bermuda button and twine.  Some more Prima leaves, old book print paper, metal charm, lace, trinket pin with buttons and pearls and Vintage Winter White Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy shop finished off this shabby little treatment.

A 'hand crafted' tag stamped and added to one of the buttons and some more hemp cording for the hanger and wha-la ... this fun little creation is complete!  It's really out of the ordinarly and not my 'usual' card style that I make most often, but it was really different and totally fun to create.

This is so shabby and vintage IRL ... I {heart} it a lot!  Thanks for peeking!

Challenges for this design:

Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger - photo inspiration
The Shabby Tea Room #24 - metal
Crafty Creations #82 - 3 DSP's, 2 ribbons, 1 charm
Create for Cards - star shaped designs
Papertake Weekly - 3 - 2 - 1 recipe
City Crafter Challenge Blog #19 - stars
Simon Says Stamp and Show #3 - Tim Holtz inspired
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #81 - lace
Meljen's Designs #21 - brown, teal, orange
Simon Says Stamp - a gift
colourQ #47 - poppy, mustard, bermuda, gray, white
JustRite Stamps Inspiration #32 - olive, chocolate, pumpkin
Stamptacular Sunday #73 - 2 stamped images
Flourishes Bringing Back Beautiful Challenge - beauty and color
Curtain Call #44 - turquoise, daffodil, poppy, white

31 comments:

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Oh my - Debbie! This is a little treasure... just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ with us this week!

june lanum said...

so pretty Debbiethanks for joining us at the CCCB

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Debbie! Beautiful design and detailing! Lovely door hanger! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Sabrina said...

Wow Debbie, this is awesome!!

Nancy said...

Oh, this is sweet!
Thank you for joining me & the other Design Team members for this week’s Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! We really appreciate you joining in...

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is so pretty, love that flower and the vintage look, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Makiko Jones said...

Wow!! Fabulous door hanger, Debbie! Beautiful work! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us!

Stacey Schafer said...

fun project, Debbie!

Annette said...

Oh Debbie - yet another lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC again.

Karen said...

What a beautiful shabby piece to share! I just love how so many different interpretations can be found from one photo. I've hopped to you from the Moxie Trigger challenge....and I'm glad I did! :>

Sprytebyrd said...

Wow, Debbie! This really is beautiful!! I love everything about it and if it needs a home, just let me know! LOL!
Thanks so much for joining us in our color challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! And, of course at Stamptacular Sunday as well! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Lisa aka Myran said...

Wow, this is awesome Debbie!I like the colors and that you made a non traditional card :)
Thanks for playing with us at Papertake Weekly!

Emma Lockley said...

gorgeous ,gorgeous, gorgeous! So creative, love it, stunning work
love emma xxx

Sylvia said...

How lovely and vintage! Thanks for playing the CQC!

Deb Hickman said...

Ooooh this is just to lovely for words!!!! I love all the embellies you've used,every time I look I see something different!!! Great Autumn colours, just love it!!!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fabulous, Debbie! I love that you created a fun little door hanger here. Love the cork and the bingo stamp, love the banner and your seam binding bow. Love it all.

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh my this is STUNNING.

Lori said...

How cute! And Vintage! I just love all the vintage elements you used, it's beautiful! Thanks for joining the SSSS challenge!

Linda Robinson said...

WOWZER... I am luv'n this.. So many wonderful goodies piled on. Pure delight to my eyes.. Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

super project and great details..have a sweet day!

enjoy *~*

mforquer said...

Debbie - this is just gorgeous! I love all those yummy embellishments!
Melissa

Terry said...

Now I want to wish upon that star! It is beautiful!

Lisa said...

Debbie, this is just beautiful! I love all the fun elements you've added, you are so multi talented!

acreativeneed said...

Wow!! This is stunning! Fabulous creation!! It was such a pleasure having you as our GD on Crafty Creations Debbie!!
smiles,Deena

Callie said...

This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us in our color challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love how you stacked the buttons on the trinket pin!! Great idea! That orange flower with the blue center really pops too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!

-Sarah

PapierGirl said...

Deb you never cease to amaze me with your endless talents! This is just wonderful and all the embellishments to boot - it better be one sturdy door handle! :)

Paula said...

Such adorableness...love how you threaded the buttons on the pin...very cool! I'm so glad you could join our Two's Better Than One challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
Pleasantly,
Paula

Leanne said...

Oh my gosh - your work is absolutely stunning!! What an inspiration!

Hugs
Leanne xx

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous door hanger Debbie!!! What a fab take on all these challenges and thank you for joining us over at the FTTC!!! Hugs ~S~

susan r. opel said...

Hey Debbie! What a unique approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)