Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #25!

The theme this week in the Tea Room is 'Old Meets New' ... use something old and something new on your project!  My 'old' is the Vintage Winter White Shabby Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop ... my 'new' is the Friendship Jar stamp set and matching die from Papertrey Ink - YUM!


This was such a FUN card to design ... so many of my favorite things - including some delicious October Afternoon DSP - Thrift Shop!  The August calendar page is from a little calender I got from SU! and I die cut it with my 'new' ledger sheet die from PTI.

Please take a minute to peek at the other Shabby Girl Design Team Members blogs for lots more inspiration, have a peek at our Guest Designer's lovely project and take a peek at what you could win from our sponsors this week too ...

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute By Lisa
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #25 - Old Meets New
Simon Says Stamp - paper piecing
Die Cut Dreams #63 - soft vintage
Create for Cards - one word sentiment

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh Debbie, I just love your card with all the layers and embellies! I have the jar stamp set and have yet to play with it, you've inspired me to ink it up! I especially love those OA papers and color scheme!

Audrey Pettit said...

Adorable card, Debbie! I love those OA papers and LOVE all things Papertrey. Gorgeous use of their new dies and Friendship Jar. And your shabby seam binding is lovely, too.

june lanum said...

this is really cute Debbie

mforquer said...

Debbie - this is so amazing - very shabby chic and I love those papers you chose! Great ribbon too! Thanks so much for playing along at Crafty Creations this week!
Melissa

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

I love the paper you used!! The layout looks fabulous too!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow this is so full of gorgeous detail, thanks for joining us at DCD with this lovely card, hugs Liz xx

Kim Sonksen said...

Oh waht a wonderful card. I love the funky, yet shabby chic feel about this one

Lisa aka Myran said...

This card is so sweet! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

Silvia said...

Such a lovely card, Debbie! Love the shabby chic look. Thanks for playing along with us this week at TPE!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

I like the challenge for this week! I definitely think that I can find something new and something old for this. Love the Papertrey Ink jar you used a long with the OA papers. Cute!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful, adorable card.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Stella said...

This is so cute. What a perfect combination of all those cute embellishments. I love the jar and the strawberry; perfect on this card!

craftyb said...

gorgeous card Debbie! Love the mix of colours and elements!! bx

Nicole said...

Fabulous card, Debbie!! I love your take on the challenge! That jar stamp and die are calling my name! :)

Hope Jacare said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our recipe challenge. Great project - love it! Cheers Claire x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Marjo said...

Hi Debbie,

What a wonderful DT cration, I love it!

Hugs, Marjo