Monday, August 16, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #23!

I've been waiting so very patiently for this week to roll around in the Tea Room ever since Lisa set the theme!  When I saw Lisa's inspiration photo, I almost fell off my chair!  Isn't this the most scrumptious bedroom setting you've ever seen?  What I wouldn't give to wake up each morning in such vintage and shabby loveliness!!  Pure heaven!!


I collect tea sets, I have white shabby furniture in my bedroom and stamping room, I {heart} roses, ruffles, antiques, handmade quilts and pink!  This picture is so 'me'!!!  Lisa's theme this week is called 'The Delicate Cottage Rose' and she is asking us to create a card or project inspired by this photo - using the colors, theme and/or roses -- I used everything in my design ...


Our sponsor this week in the Tea Room is Squigglefly and they graciously provided the DT some yummy images to work with.  I choose the dress form image as it relates perfectly to the inspiration photo!  I decided to paper piece the little dress on the image with some Girls' Paperie DSP, wrapped a wide taffeta sash around the waist and topped it off with a Prima flower and pearls around the neck.

Squigglefly Digital Stamps

The dress maker DSP is October Afternoon, chipboard letters from K and Co., die cut from Spellbinders, vintage lace from Wrights, sentiment stamp from Unity.

Now your turn ... have a peek at what the other Shabby Girls designed for inspiration this week and then give this challenge a try!  I can't wait to see what you come up with for the 'Delicate Cottage Rose' theme!

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute By Lisa
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Challenges for this card:

The Shabby Tea Room #23 - 'Delicate Cottage Rose'
Papertake Weekly - something old, new, borrowed or blue
Simons Says Stamp - summer BLUES
colourQ #45 - rose, wasabi, turquoise, espresso, white
The Pink Elephant #80 - ribbon and sparkle

13 comments:

Lisa said...

OMG Debbie, your card is absolutely gorgeous! I think my favorite part is the different DSP's that make up the skirt part of the dress! You really outdid yourself this week! This card is so YOU!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhhhh myyyyyy! Deb you are knocking me off my feet with your gorgeous card tonight! How do you do it? You always come up with such amazing shabby layers and each card is so unique. Anoher stunner my crafty friend!

Ros said...

Fabulous card again Debbie ... Love that little dress!

Cokie Pop Paper Boutique said...

Gorgeous with a capital "G". Love that chipboard dress :)

Maria said...

Love this card! Absolutely beautiful! Such a pretty inspiration photo. I wish my room looked like this. :)

Nicole said...

Very pretty! Love what you did with that dress - those DSP's look perfect on there! Great job! :)

Audrey Pettit said...

This is fabulous, Debbie! I love all the detailing of your sweet card. the paper piecing on that dress form is fabulous and I adore how you've done your sentiment.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Oh wow! This is so stunning!!! The "sew" letters are diving!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

pattyo said...

Beautiful card, Debbie! Love what you did to the dressform.

Grenouille Greetings said...

It's fabulous Debbie - I can see why you lilked the photo inspiration so much! BTW I see you were in the top faves at The Pink Elephant challenge 78 for your Sweet Stampin 38 DT card - pretty in pink. Warmest wishes, Lesley

Christine said...

This is so up my alley too. I love all of the little details and that dress is divine!!! Your card is just fabulous!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Stella said...

Debbie; what can I say :). I'm smitten...... Sooooo gorgeous!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

This is stunning!!!!! I love the way you paper pieced the dress dummy! I could drool over this all day!!!

Thanks for playing with us at The Pink Elephant!