Monday, August 30, 2010

The Pink Elephant #82!

WOW ... an exciting day -- today is my very FIRST Design Team project on behalf of the fabby The Pink Elephant Challenge Blog!!!!!!!!  Our theme this week at TPE is 'Mainly White' ... we are to create a project using mainly white - easy peesy, right?!?!?  And our wonderful sponsor is Meljen's Designs who has provided the DT with the most adorable digi images to design with this week!



When I received this image to work with, I immediately thought birthday cupcake!  I colored the mouse and cupcake liner in with soft beige Stampin' Pastels and then had fun with my bucket of glitter -- adding glitter to all the icing and sweet white pearls around the top of the cupcake liner!  I had some white glitter alpha stickers in my stash, used MFT's new border die and added some white satin ribbon threaded through the middle and finished it all off with some white Presto Prints DSP from SU!.

Wha-la ... what do you all think?  Please hop on over to TPE challenge blog to be inspired by my DT sista's amazing work -- they are a talented bunch of ladies and I'm delighted to be in the company of such wonderful girlies.  Lori and the girls gave me such a warm welcome ... if you haven't checked out their weekly challenges yet, this is a 'must do'!!!!!

Thanks for peeking ... I cannot wait to see your 'mainly white' designs :)

Challenges for this card:

The Pink Elephant # 82 - mainly white
The Shabby Tea Room #25 - old meets new
Claudia & Company #3 - sketch
Stampin' Royalty #34 - monochromatic
Meljen's Designs #22 - birthday
Whimsy Challenges - Anything goes using a Whimsy (Meljen's) digi image

9 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats on your new DT spot at TPE Debbie! I just love your card, that mouse is so darn cute! You are one busy busy stampin' lady! I'd say have fun but I think you already are! LOL

Audrey Pettit said...

Congrats on your new DT gig, Debbie! I know you will have a ball with this. Very adorable card. Love the challenge topic, and your take is wonderful. The touches of sparkle are so perfect here.

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Hi Debbie!! First I would like to welcome you to the TPE family we are so excited to have you!!

Your card is darling and you did a great job with the sketch!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at C&C!!
Hugs~
Sheri C&C DT & TPE DT

The Stampin' Royalty Goddesses said...

Great job with the monochromatic neutrals challenge. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Shanda Stirk said...

Cute little mouse - great design for your card. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Krista said...

This is soooo sweet Debbie! Glad you've joined the team over at TPE, and I love your take on the sketch at C&Co! Thanks for playing along!
Krista

Nicole said...

OH how soft and sweet!! Thanks for playing along at Meljen's! Hope to see you again this week, the new challenge has been posted!! Nicole - MD DTC

PapierGirl said...

Congrats on the new DT position - girl I don't know how you do it! You are one busy lady! Great take on the challenge - I love that little digi image! Have a great weekend! :)

Tracy said...

Ohhhh my heck! This image is SUPER cute. And I LOVE what you did with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Claudia & Co.

Hugs,
Tracy