Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pile It On! #31!

Good morning bloggity friends and welcome to Week #31 of the Pile It On! challenges!  This week brings us a theme of ... 'A Little Bit Country, A Little Bit Rock N' Roll'!  How FUN is that!


The name of the theme reminds me of the old 'Donny and Marie Show' where Marie would sing I'm a Little Bit Country and Donny would sing I'm a Little Bit Rock n' Roll ... I know, I just dated myself - oh dear!  I grew up in the 70's watching Gilligan's Island, The Brady Bunch and Get Smart - YIKES!

Our sponsor at PIO! is KAH-wink-E-dink and they have provided the design team members with a grouping of special release digi images to work with this week - created especially for the Pile It On! challenge - WOW!  I chose to work with this cute little jukebox image and some embellies from October Afternoon.

At first I was stumped with the design of this card, as my comfort zone is shabby chic, girly, pink and glitter, but after I thought about it for a few minutes, the light bulb turned on and I went with the coin in the jukebox to play a song theme!  Yep, that's a REAL nickel glued onto my card and I love how it relates to the five cent ticket!  I layered a black button with a blue button and then a silver brad to make it look like a button that you might find on a jukebox.  I was able to use SU's {new} sheet music wheel stamp to create my own DSP in the background.  The cute alpha letters from MFT are stamped on an October Afternoon ticket.

All in all, I think it turned out darling ... what do you think??

Hop on over to the PIO! blog today to be inspired by the other DT gals creations and then give this fun 'Country/Rock n' Roll' challenge a try :)

Challenges for this card: 

Pile It On! #31 - A little bit of country, a little bit of rock n' roll
Stampin' Royalty #31 - create your own DSP
colourQ #44 - poppy, saffron, bashful blue, black & white
Papertake Weekly - white and bright
The Pink Elephant #78 - something yummy
Paper Sundaes #30 - Metal

17 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

I love your card - that wheel makes great DSP! That was a good walk down memory lane! Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

My Little Space said...

Another fabulous card Debbie.

Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

Melissa Craig said...

Fabulous!! I love your card and as my youngest son would say with the nickel being an embellishment, now your card is worth something! LOL It's very cool and I love how you changed up the sketch. You ROCKED it!! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Hands On said...

Great dsp. Love how you pulled all those things together. What a fun card!

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card!
Clairexx

Carrie said...

What a fab card!! just perfect xx

Annette said...

Debbie, as always, gorgeous shabby chic creations! Thanks for sharing with us at SSC this week.

Pattie said...

Oh Debbie, I do remember the Donny and Marie show too - I watched all the same shows! Very cool and cute card...thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

Nana said...

Gorgeous card, Debbie! Very playful and nice little touches. :)
Thank you for joining us at "Paper Sundaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Gemma said...

Great card for boys Debbie, love the tickets you used as well as the image! Great take on our challenge! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week, hugs Gemma

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful card! Such a fun image, and I love the ticket!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our For The Boys challenge!
Dee (Spryte)
Sprytebyrds Spot

Shana said...

What a fabulous creation! Love the nickle. Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes - we hope to see you again next week!

Sylvia said...

Great card, Debbie! this is so fabulous! thanks for playing the CQC!

Sandra Farrell said...

Beautiful Work! Great patterned paper. Thanks for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

Christine said...

You did a fantastic job with our challenge at SSS. I love the old jukebox stamp and paired with the music paper is perfection!!! Great card!! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog!
xoxo, Christine

Marianne-db said...

What a lovely card, perfect for boys! Thanks for joining SSC this week!

Paula said...

Love that ticket embellishment! I'm so glad you could join us for our Snips and Snail Challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge this week!
Pleasantly,
Paula