Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Celebrate CAS style ...


Thanks to Deb Neerman and her card submission for The Shabby Tea Room this week, I found a very neat challenge blog that I wanted to try this afternoon :)

The blog is called CAS-tastic and the premise is to create CAS cards based on the weekly challenge themes.  Easy, right ... well, not so much for me -- the Queen of Shabby Chic designs.  But ... the challenge intrigued me this week because it's called 'Case a Design Team Card'!  I loved Deb's submission for the Tea Room challenge with it's big, fluffy, handmade flower from sewing pattern papers, so I wanted to try to recreate one of my own using some hot pink tissue paper I had in my stash along with some coordinating Cosmo Cricket Delovely papers.

One way we all learn from each other in blog land and publications is to CASE projects that appeal to us.  What do ya' think???

Challenges for this card:

Cas-tastic Wednesday Challenges #15 - Case a DT card (Deb Neerman)
Our Creative Corner #26 - sketch
Cupcake Inspirations #70 - colors
Papertake Weekly - white and bright
Flourishes 'Beautiful' Challenge - beauty and color
Meljen's Designs #19 - CAS

9 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a wonderful choice to case Deb's fabulous card! I love your interpretation with the addition of the hot pink color and ric rac! Great card!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love this CAS card, just beautiful!

Rose said...

CAS perfection and WOW love the flower :) thanks for joining us on the OCCSC this week

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, I'm in love, Debbie! This is fabulous ... so striking!

And your flower turned out beautifully ... this is a wonderful take on the challenge!

Rachel Hope said...

Such a fun card!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! What a pretty flower!
Thanks so much for joining us in our CAS challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Jill said...

wow Debbie this is gorgeous I love the tissue flower it looks stunning! thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Lisa said...

That flower is just lovely! Thanks for playing with MelJens this week:)

Karen Howard said...

This is really stunning, I love the design and colors you used! Hugs, Karen

P.S. If you love challenges then you are sure to love my new blog: www.felineplayful.blogspot.com