Friday, August 13, 2010

ATC's ...

Busy here getting design team projects done to meet deadlines for Monday ... and packing both of my sons up to move them off to college this weekend!  Where has the time gone -- it seems as though I only had them two years ago and now Monday morning I find myself an 'empty nester' ... **sigh**!

My monthly club girlies and I decided to give our hands a try this month at ATC's (Artist Trading Cards).  I've never made one before, but recently found a tutorial on one of the blogs I follow, and they looked fun and easy, so we decided to give them a try!

Well, they were FUN and oh so EASY!  Mine took on a sweet shabby feel with the addition of some vintage lace trim, organza flowers and a glittered butterfly that I first spritzed with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist ...


Isn't that stamp set wonderful?  It's a recent treasure that I added to my collection after attending a stamp trunk sale my friend, Amy, hosted ... Suzi's 'trash' is Debbie's 'treasure'!!!  I absolutely love the images of the sheet music, postage mark and that sweet, chubby little bird!  I used some of my 'beloved' Blush Blossom CS on these sweeties - yum!


I'll come back next week after my clubs to share the other ATC's I collect this week with you :)

Challenges for these ATC's:

The Shabby Tea Room #22 - Reflections (creme, brown and glitter)
Card Positioning Systems #179 - sketch (turned sideways)
Flourishes 'Bringing Back Beauty' Challenge - beauty with color
Crafty Creations #80 - winged things
Cute Card Thursday #125 - tree or leaves
Papertake Weekly - something old, new, borrowed or blue
Simon Says Stamp and Show #1 - things with wings
The Pink Elephant #79 - summer

11 comments:

Lin said...

ATC's ARE fun - isn't is amazing how much can be packed into that small space? We had a swap through Hero Arts last fall, and I received some real treasures!
I love yours - that bird stamp is wonderful and you've embellished it so sweetly.

LynneForsythe said...

OMW>...this ATC is sssooo SHABBY CHIC...and I love it!!!


Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!!

Lisa said...

Debbie, lovely as always! I had made some ATC's a few years back. They are a lot of fun to make and they usually come together so quickly. The butterfly is sooo dainty!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Ooooh these are pretty - lovely tones and lace and so many of them!!! Warmest wishes, Lesley

craftyb said...

they're gorgeous Debbie...can't wait to see the others! bx

Audrey Pettit said...

How sweet your ATC's turned out! Isn't it fun to try something a little different every once in awhile?
Sending hugs to you for getting through this weekend. I know it must be tough to send both of those boys off to college.
(((((hugs))))

Ros said...

These are so pretty! Love the shabby simplicity of them.

Nancy said...

This is a great ATC, especially for your first one! Love that bird image!
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show's Challenge blog. Hope to see you there again!

Stella said...

Beautiful; love the stamp!

Linda Elbourne said...

You have been busy - Great stamp! Thank you so much for joining the team at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... we hope to see you again next week!

~*Joni said...

Debbie these are so delightful! It has been a while since I've done an ATC but seeing your post makes me want to pick up a sheet and make some right now! Adorable design, they look even prettier lined up. Thank you so much for joining us at TPE this week for our summer challenge!
~*Joni TPE DT