Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Simply Thanks ...

I 'simply' {heart} this versatile and CAS stamp image from SU!  I needed to come up with a design for my 18 year old's graduation thank you cards and found the perfect sketch at Card Patterns this week.  Paired with this thank you stamp and an old set with circles of sentiments ... I think we got the perfect end result for these masculine-inspired cards!


We're leaving for our family beach trip Friday morning, so this evening I will cut, stamp, emboss and punch layers ... then Friday during the car ride down I can assemble and glue and when we arrive I should have all 50 done!  Easy peesy and what a fun way to make the three-hour car ride fly by :)  Now ... to sit the 18 year old boy down long enough to get him to sign them all -- that's a completely different story!!

Challenges for this card:

Card Patterns #71 - sketch
The Shabby Tea Room # 17 - embossing
Pile It On! #26 - My favorite things (embossing - yum)

5 comments:

PapierGirl said...

Hey Deb....great take on the sketch - certainly a perfect masculine thank you for your son! Have a great time on your trip - much deserved! xx :)

Deb Hickman said...

Great thank you card and what a way to pass the time!

Audrey Pettit said...

What a cute design for a masculine thank you card, Debbie! Super use of the definition stamp, and I adore the embossed background. But I have to say, I would throw up if I tried to assemble these in the car. ;)

Heather Jensen said...

Great Thank You card Debbie. Thanks for playing at Card Patterns.

Scrappy said...

Everything is simply perfect! Fab card! Thanks for joining us this week at PIO! Hope you’ll be back to join us again soon!