Friday, July 2, 2010

Fussy and Fancy #14!

Hi all and welcome to my very first Design Team Submission for the Fussy and Fancy gals!  Those of you who follow my little bloggity blog know that I simply {adore} to get super creative and add a lot of charm and eye candy to my designs!  The Fussy and Fancy challange blog and I are a 'match made in heaven'!  I'll have the pleasure of playing with these girlies until the end of 2010 ... so hang on to your shabby little boots and here we go ...



Our challenge this week at Fussy and Fancy is called 'Christmas in July' and it was super fun to pull out all my delicious holiday stash that has been packed away for all these months and play with it again!  This image is from an old SU! set and I just love it's beautiful vintage charm ... the image lent itself well for me to 'fussy' it up with lots of rhinestones for ornaments, glitter for candle flames and it's dripping with strands of pearls for garland - YUM!  The ribbon is some cream taffetta wired deliciousness from my stash and I gathered the right end up with some SU! gold elastic cording.  I made the trinket pin from bobbles in my stash and the sweet sentiment is from PTI.

What do ya' think?  Yep ... that is some of my coveted {retired} Purely Pomegranate that you see there -- isn't it wonderful?!

The Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenges are on a two-week rotation, so you will see a new challenge every 14 days, and you will see my DT inspiration every other week as well.  I am on Team "B" which is the week after the challenge goes live, but for this first week with the new DT, they are showcasing everyone who had a card ready to go on day one of the challenge!  Just mark your calendars for Friday's for the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge Blog :)

Challenges for this card:

Fussy and Fancy #14 - Christmas in July
Stampin' Royalty #26 - seeing double ... 2 of the same thing
The Creative Cottage #17 - summer surprise ... Christmas during the summer is indeed a surprise!

18 comments:

Evgenia said...

Lovely!!!

Diane said...

I love it....it has such a beautiful "vintagey" (is that a word...lol) feel to it...I actually have a tiny vintage xmas tree that looks very much like it....so gorgeous!!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very very pretty! I love the Victorian 'feel' this image gives with all the 'bling' on it.

Terrie B x said...

Debbie this is flamin Gorgeous...
way to go..TFI
Have a fab weekend;)x

Juanita said...

Gorgeous card, love how you dressed up your tree and the ribbon is lovely. I look forward to working with you at Fussy and Fancy.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is soooo pretty Debbie, I love those blings, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

pattyo said...

Wow, Debbie! I love Christmas and this card is perfect! Makes me warm and happy from an emotional point of view, not the weather (LOL)!!

Creative said...

Wonderful! I love it!

Audrey Pettit said...

congrats on your new DT gig, Debbie! Your first card for them is amazing. I absolutely adore how you sparkled up that tree stamp with the pearls and gems. Wonderful ribbon treatment, too.

Cor* said...

Oh Debbie. I love seeing your lovely creations around blogland. Glad to be on the same team as you! Your creation is totally Fancy (with a bit of Fuss too-lol).

Shanda Stirk said...

Wow - very pretty and glittery! Thanks for playing at Stampin Royalty.

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is amazing! Truly beautiful! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Grenouille Greetings said...

This is amazing! Truly beautiful! Warmest wishes, Lesley

Cheryl Nelson said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas card!! This inspires me to get started on mine!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Tracy said...

Christmas in the summer would indeed be a suprise! gorgeous card love the colours. Thanks for joining in this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. hugs Tracy x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card!! You made me smile with your take on the challenge!!
Thanks so much for joining in with The Creative Cottage challenge!!
Love Becky xx

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Great take on this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge :-)

Sandra Farrell said...

I have a secret stash of Purely Pomengranate, Soft Sky and Blue Bayou. I use them very sparingly. Wow - what a great card. Great job with the doubles challenge here at Stampin' Royalty.