Friday, July 9, 2010

Continue to PLAY while I'm AWAY - a CHALLENGE!

Hello my bloggity friends!  Well, we're off!  My family and I left bright and early this morning for our annual trip to the beach.  We vacation each summer about 3 hours south of our home in NC on the beautiful shores of the South Carolina beaches in Myrtle Beach!  I've been looking forward to this planned getaway for months now and so glad it's finally here.  I bought a good book and plan to park my little ol' self on the beach and just do nothing for the next 5 days!   Ooohhh ... *sigh* .... YUM!

This year we have a little 'twist' in our plans ... we're picking up my 20 year old nephew in Wilmington - about 2 hours south of here and 1 hour north of Myrtle Beach - and he will vacation with us this year!  He lives in Charlotte, NC, but is attending college in Wilmington, NC.  My sons, 19 and 18 years, are thrilled that their cousin will be traveling with us!

We have lots of fun activities planned for the five of us ... golfing, beaching, dining out on yummy seafood, a couple shows, renting jet skis for one day out in the Atlantic Ocean, shopping and all in all - FUN :)

While I am away, I didn't want my little bloggity blog to be lonely, so I've pre-scheduled my design team posts for the following blogs to go live in my absence.  Please watch for these to pop up:

Saturday - KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #38
Saturday - Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog #34
Saturday - JUGS #41 - guest designer for July
Sunday - Pile It On! #27
Monday - The Shabby Tea Room #18
Monday - Picture Perfect Creations #21

Also ... don't forget the current challenge over at Fussy and Fancy #14 - Christmas in July :)

So, I've decided to offer a little {sweet} treat for you all while I am away.  Since I'll be relaxing at the beach, I had beach on the brain and decided to offer this 'beachy' photo for inspiration and a little challenge ...


Isn't this the most comforting, beachy, inviting bedroom inspiration?  Couldn't you just relax here all day with a good book and a cool cocktail?  Sounds like a plan to me :)

What's up for grabs ... a complete set of Spellbinders Oval dies ($25 value)!



What to do for a chance to win ... create a card using the above photo for inspiration.  Make sure you use white, red and soft blue in your design.  A beach theme is not required, but you'll score browine points if you do design with a beach theme!  I want to see your best designs here!  Link your project below beginning on Friday, July 9th.  The contest will end Tuesday, July 13th at midnight EST and when I return on Wednesday, I'll peek at all the entries and pick a winner!

Have fun and enjoy your week :)

No comments: