Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome, little baby bee ...

WOW ... one of my best friends delivered her first child this morning - a daughter weighing 6.5 lbs. and arriving 19 days early!  I'm so happy for her and her husband -- what a precious time for their family :)

I have even better news ... I am helping to throw this new mommy a baby shower this Sunday, so both mommy and baby will be able to attend the party :)

I already made my friend a whole slew of paper crafted gifts you can see here and here, but I just wanted to make another to send in the mail so they have it when they get home from the hospital on Wednesday :)  You can't have enough well wishes when you welcome a baby into this world!!

Challenges for this card:

Sweet Sunday Sketch #74 - sketch
Embellish Magazine - yellow, cream, peach, green and baby
Stamptacular Sunday #64 - Cute as a Bug and baby for an extra chance
KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #35 - Let's Get Shabby
The Shabby Tea Room #15 - soft, warm colors
Crazy 4 Challenges #42 - paper flowers
Meljen's Designs #12 - ribbon, lace or fibers
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges #71 - embossing
Papertake Weekly - ice cream colors
Caardvarks - stamps and embossing
Really Reasonable Ribbons #2 - ribbon as border
City Crafter Challenge Blog #9 - colors

18 comments:

Nicole said...

Cute card! Love those buttons - so perfect for baby! :)

Deb Hickman said...

Such a sweet card.I love the way you've used the buttons.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is a cute one, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

june lanum said...

love that stamp set, I really like all the button stamp set. Cute card

Pattie said...

Debbie - I love the colors on this one...so soft...you've been busy today!

pattyo said...

Such a sweet card!

Audrey Pettit said...

How very cute this is1 I'm sure your friend will appreciate this very much. Love the bee made from buttons.

Cheryl Nelson said...

This is so cute! LOVE your use of the buttons!

Sarah Martina said...

Awesome layout!! Thanks so much for joining in on the Embellish Color Challenge!

Lisa said...

Ok this card is so soft and pretty, I might have to take some ideas for a card I have to make for a co-worker. Baby cards are so much fun to make!

Sprytebyrd said...

Oh, I really love this card! The little bee is just the cutest!!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge!
And!! I totally love the way you used the ribbon! I had to look for it (it's late and i'm tired) but when I found it, it's perfect! Great job!
Thanks for playing at Meljen's this week! Good luck on our "Fiber, Ribbon, Lace" challenge!
Dee (Spryte)

Graphicat said...

Oh what a beautiful card! I just love it. And for a baby! so sweet!

thank you for joining us at STamptacular this week!
cheers
Cheri

The Crafty Den said...

What a pretty card. Love the image and gorgeous papers. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "Cute As A Bug!" challenge! Hugs, Denise (GDT) x

MrsETaylor said...

Sweet stems on the flowers. Thanks for playing along with the border challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon

True :) said...

Love the buttons and ribbon stems.
Thanks again for joining us this week in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!
Hugs,
True :D

Annette said...

Debbie, what a charming card! I love the embellies - such a sweet creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Kym Weber said...

So sweet and soft! Darling card! Love the buttons on the flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym

Carolyn said...

What a gorgeous butterfly card. I love the button for the body. So cute. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn