Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Shabby Vintage Yo-Yo Tags ...

New in my Etsy Shop today ... Shabby Vintage Yo-Yo Tags!  I'm feeling a bit 'burnt out' yesterday and today, so I needed a break from card making.  I can never completely step away from my love of crafting and creating, so I gathered up a bunch of yummies from my stash baskets last night and started pulling things together until I was happy with the end result.

Announcing ... Deb's Shabby Vintage Yo-Yo Tags!  These are AUTHENTIC antique yo-yo's handmade with love by {someone's} grandma!  I found them recently on a day-long antiquing trip and scored a whole bag of them!  I've been having fun adding them to my cards, but wanted to create a way to share them with my stampy friends too (I have a LOT of them!).



So, here is what I came up with ... each 'tag' is created with love by being antiqued around the edges and distressed.  Then I sewed on some vintage looking cotton material I had already cut into fat quarters from my quilting days (I had made the most beautiful twin bed sized quilt out of these fabrics!).  The top of each tag is tied with some Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my shop!



Then I took two of the antique yo-yo's and attached buttons, flowers, lace and trims to them on the front and a colored paper clip on the back.  They can easily be attached to a card front, package, tag ... or even be used as a fasion design element/hair clip.  So many cute ideas for these sweet little yo-yo's!

Next, I layered some felt pieces to create a felted flower, brad in the center and pinned that onto the card with a sewing pin.  The final little shabby element I added is an adorable vintage metal ringed tag - shabby and yummy!



Each Shabby Vintage Yo-Yo Tag is unique ... no two are alike.  Inventory of what you get on each tag:

  • 1 - Shabby parcel tag altered with fabric and seam binding

  • 1 - Felt flower with sewing pin

  • 1 - Metal vintage round tag

  • 2 - Antique yo-yo's altered with buttons, flowers, lace and a clip
I currently have 7 tags made up and will list in my Etsy Shop in a bit.  More should be coming soon as my schedule allows.  They are super cute and you get so many adorable, shabby elements to play with on each tag!

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

pattyo said...

What a great idea! Love the yo-yos.

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

these are fabulous! Thanks for sharing this! Also thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some love!