Monday, June 28, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #16!

This week we have a totally fun and summery challenge for you all in the Tea Room!  When I think of summer, I think of bright, cheery, fun colors (like ice cream or the rainbow!) and lots of fun activities!  Our Week #16 challenge was inspired by this wonderful photo ...



Isn't it just FABULOUS?!?!  The bright colors just jump right off the page at you ... and ohhhh, those paper pinwheels are yummy!  Our challenge this week is called 'Popsicles and Pinwheels' and I am the lucky host!  We are to create a card or project inspired by this scumptious photo and use hot pink, bright green and turquoise in our designs this week.  How much fun is that???

Here is my creation:



I used lots of 'fun' embellishments in my design including 'Strawberry Shortcake' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop, a lime green button from a bag-o-buttons I got from an antique show, sparkly rhinestones from Doodlebug, handmade ledger paper roses, fun die cut ric rac paper embellies cut with dies from My Favorite Things and a handmade trinket pin made with bobbles from my stash of jewelry making supplies from years back!  The paper is Delovely from Cosmo Cricket and just called out to me from my supply closet to be used on this challenge ... perfect, don't you think?  Isn't this PI girlie with her lollipop just  the sweetest thing!

Please visit the other talented designers blogs for some more delicious inspiration:

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute By Lisa
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

And our wonderful sponsor for Week #16 is:


One lucky participant will win a pack of Material Girl & Garden Variety 6" x 6" papers!!  I used Cosmo Cricket's DELOVELY patterned papers for this card - aren't they de-licious??!!

Now your turn!!!  Hop on over to your craft space and get playin' around with this bright, fun and cheery color combo!  I know you'll have so much fun creating for this week's totally yummy challenge!!  I can't wait to see what designs you come up with!

Have fun :)

Challenges for this design:

The Shabby Tea Room #16 - hot pink, bright green, turquoise
Cute Card Thursday #118 - reuse, renew, recycle
Simon Says Stamp - for a friend
The Creative Cottage #16 - pearls & swirls
Crafty Creations #73 - shine & bling
City Crafter Challenge Blog #10 - pink, purple & pearls (my purple is a magenta)

8 comments:

Evgenia said...

Lovely! Will try to play this week!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a happy and cheery card! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Suzie McFloozy said...

Beautiful card very bright and breezy x
Thanks for joining us this week at the creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie! Love the image and those papers together! Yummy! :)

june lanum said...

sooooooooooo cute

Audrey Pettit said...

Cute, cute card, Debbie! Love that little lollipop girl, and what adorable embellishments you've added to this. Fabulous detailing!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fun, fun, fun card Debbie!!! I lvo these cute little PI girls too :)!!! She looks perfect with the Sketch!!!

Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Grenouille Greetings said...

What a cutie and I love all the candy colours on the papers! Hugs, Lesley