Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room #15!

This week in the Tea Room, our challenge is called 'Cottage Comfort' and is inspired by this photo:


Isn't it so lovely??  When I saw this photo and the beautiful summer time inspiration in the photo - fresh flowers in a vase on the stand, country cottage wooden fruit signs on the wall, gorgeous french doors leading to a yard full of greenery ... I thought of how lovely it would be to have a yummy brunch served to me in bed -- I've never had that happen and I'm nearly 46 years old!  A girl can dream, can't she??!!??

So, here is my take on this inspiration photo ... I used the colors and even found some DSP from October Afternoon that almost looks like the bedspread.  Lots of stitching to hold down all the patterned papers and then I set to work stamping and cutting out the cutest little elements to set my table with -- a pot of tea, some homemade raspberry jam (yum - my favorite!) and a vase filled with 'fresh' flowers from the garden ...


My 'server' even set this {sweet} little table with 'fancy crocheted linens'!  How thoughtful!!!

I used some yummy 'Primrose Cookie Dough' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop -- it matches the flowers!

Our sponsor this week in the Tea Room is one of my favorite on-line shops:





Now your turn!  Hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room challenge blog to check out the other design team member's inspiration projects and then give this fun color challenge a try!

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Cathy Clark-Santie - Papier Girl
Lisa Golzbein - Oh So Cute By Lisa
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Challenges for this design:

Color Throwdown #97 - celery, not quite navy, cameo coral
KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #35 - shabby & vintage
Caardvarks - stamping & embossing
Meljen's Designs #12 - lace, ribbon or fiber
Really Reasonable Ribbons #2 - ribbon as border
Crazy 4 Challenges #42  - paper flowers

16 comments:

Lisa said...

Ok Debbie, fabulous as usual! Although, I am a sucker for anything with a teapot and some shabby seam binding! LOVE that jelly jar!

Sasya said...

great challenge! cant wait to play along~! :)

craftyb said...

maybe one day!! lol your card is beautiful...love the vintagey feel and beautiful soft colours! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

june lanum said...

cute card Debbie, I love teapots.

shelly said...

debbie this is such a lovely lovely card.. i love the shabby/vintage look. this is just so soft and warm. thank you so much for sharing this with us at craftycreations. xxshelly

Audrey Pettit said...

So adorable, Debbie! Love the little scene you've created, with fancy linens even. Lovely!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a gorgeous, vintage creation! So many wonderful details!

Pattie said...

Absolutely beautiful...and some of my favorite colors too! I got my shabby seam binding and already used it...I'll be posting later tonight after I get off work! Have a great day!

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie! That striped paper is perfect! :)

Broni said...

Great vintage look and I really love the lace and ribbon! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

pattyo said...

This card is my idea of comfort! So sweet!

MrsETaylor said...

Love the vintage feel for this card. Thanks for Joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon

Cheryl Walker said...

Debbie this is Beautiful hun!!! I love the lace and the ribbon you used!!! Beautiful job, and thank you for joining us at the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge this time!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Betty Wright said...

WOW! So beautiful! Wonderful colors and take on the inspiration picture. Breakfast in bed???? LOL! Toast and coffee would NOT be bad, huh? Well...a muffin at least!

True :) said...

My my my...you have been a busy girl! I think this makes card # 4 for our challenge! That ROCKs and so does your card!
Thanks again for joining us this week in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!
Hugs,
True :D

Kym Weber said...

OMG! Gorgeous and stunning! Love the vintage look of this card! The doily, ribbon and flowers are such a fabulous touch! Spectacular job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge! Hope you’ll be joining us for the next challenge!

~Hugs~Kym