Monday, June 14, 2010

Picture Perfect Creations #17!

Megan chose some awesome colors for us to play with for the Week #17 color challenge at Picture Perfect Creations ... including, some of the brand new, soon-to-be released colors from SU! - whoohoo!


This is such a rich and elegant color pallete ... it deserved a very elegant stamp set to go along with it as well as a lovely design and some pretty embellies.  Here is what I came up with:



My friend, Susan, made the sheet cake to feed 50 people for my son's graduation party (last Saturday), so I've decided to surprize her and take her to a local Tea Room for an afternoon luncheon and tea party as my way of saying a BIG thank you for all her efforts and work!  I'll send this card to her as the invitation ... what do you think?  Should be a fun and relaxing afternoon!

I used some tea set stamps from Waltzingmouse Stamps along with 'Primrose Cookie Dough' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop

Now your turn!  Hop on over to the PPC Challenge Blog to be inspired by the other DT gals' designs using this beautiful color pallete and then create a project of your own!  I can't wait to see your designs!

And ... don't forget -- the PPC BLOG HOP is coming soon.  Mark your calendars for next Monday the 21st -- tons of fun, inspiration and PRIZES from all the DT Members and Megan too!


Challenges for this card:

Truely Scrumptious #34 - sketch; checks or gingham optional (the scalloped sticker looks like gingham)
Simon Says Stamp - 1 image; 2 DSP's; 3 embellies

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Just gorgeous, Debbie! Love this one, too! Awesome PPC17 challenge card! nicole xox

pattyo said...

Love this card! What a fabulous surprise for your friend! I want to come, too!!! lol

Geri said...

Ooo, this is pretty, Debbie. I've only recently discovered those Waltzingmouse images/stamps. I'm puttin' some of those puppies at the top of my Christmas list (if I can wait that long!) They look so pretty here on your lovely card!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card! Love the design behind the sentiment and the finishing touch of ribbon and pins.

debby4000 said...

Oh fabulous card Debbie.
Thanks for joining us at Simon says stamps challenge.
luv
Debby

Lori Turner said...

I love the layout you chose for this card Debbie! Your friend will love it! TFS!

Rica said...

Fabulous card Debbie, wonderful colour scheme, great image and I just love your 'ribbon flower'.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx