Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Grandma's sweet vintage apron ...

A quick little share with you all today!  I'm simply in {love} with this sweet little vintage apron that sits atop this wonderful chipboard dress form from Maya Road!  I {heart} making 3-D projects - so much dimension and eye candy to look at!  Lots of vintage yumminess here - papers from October Afternoon, flower from Prima, button and twine from PTI, cream taffetta ribbon from SU!, vintage yo-yo from my antique show finds and 'Paradise Aqua Mist' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!  This little beauty will find a special home in my design room ... simply adorable IRL!!!


Challenges for this project:

JUGS #39 - apron design
Papertake Weekly - stitching
My Favorite Things WSC - 3 different ribbons
Crafty Creations #74 - inspired by ice cream and cake colors
Color Throwdown #99 - cream, chocolate & turquoise
Our Creative Corner - blue & green
Really Reasonable Ribbons #2 - ribbon as border
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog #32 - blue, green and chocolate
Pile It On! #25 - creative use of cardstock

21 comments:

Maria Levine said...

Oh so cool! I love the vintage look! Nice job! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGS this week!

Stampin' Pam said...

Total mojoliciousness Debbie - you do that vintage shabby look so well. It's gorgeous. LOVE IT. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls again.

june lanum said...

so cute, love it..............

Kathryn B said...

Well this is such a beautiful spin off the apron card! I love it!

Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!

Cheryl Nelson said...

LOVE it!! Thanks for joining us at CCCB!

Georgia said...

Very pretty! Thanks for playing this week at Crafty Creations.

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

What a cool project, Debbie! Love that dressmakers form and the way you have it decorated is positively yummy!!

Congrats on being featured on Inspirational! Definitely well-deserved recognition!

Hugs,
Linda

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Oh, P. S. - I meant to add a thank you for joining in the fun with Our Creative Corner this week!

Dana Gustafson said...

Oh my goodness! I love her! Your domestic goddess is complete with pearl necklace! I forgot about the ever important pearl necklace! Great OA papers and vintage touches. Thanks so much for sharing this at Just Us Girls. I love your take on our challenge

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your vintage 3-D creation! These colors work so well with the aged look!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a pretty project! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

acreativeneed said...

So vintage chic! Lovely colors!! So happy you played the Crafty Creations challenge with us!!
smiles,Deena

Carrie said...

I can see why you love it..just perfect xx

Thanks for joining us at sweet stamping xx

craftyb said...

absolutely yummy!! LOVE the pp's! thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Debbie, it is 3 digit here in Vegas, it is nice to stay at home to do paper craft!

cindy said...

Fabulous interpretation of the challenge. I like this one alot.

Lisa Kind said...

Wow! This is fabulous, Debbie! Love the dress form and how you "dressed" it up! Great vintage feel to it! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Andrea M said...

Debbie, this is A-MA-ZING!!! Jam-packed full of shabby chic goodness! What a beautiful creation - love the design of the apron too - kinda reminds me of my Grandma, when she would bake for us :) Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

Lisa said...

CUTE APRON!!! Just GORGEOUS!! I am with you, I just love projects like this, major eye candy. Oh and by the way, your design room has no room for this, you might as well just send it to me...... hee hee!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is sew sweet, Debbie! Just love it!

Julie said...

Fantastic creation! Love the vintage look and those October Afternoon papers are my favorite!