Sunday, May 30, 2010

Yippiee - Happy Memorial Day to Me!!!

Okay, so this really has absolutely NOTHING to do with paper crafting, but I'm so super excited and had to share with my bloggity friends!  I've been {hearting} a new couch for my family room for a couple years.  The one we have in there now is 10 years old and very ready to hit the curb!!!  My sons, husband and pets have 'loved' it to death - they eat on it, spill on it, sit on it with smelly, golf course, boy/man smells!!!  It's navy blue and has held up very well for it's age, but I am so ready for a change.

With BOTH of my sons being out of the house come this August - off to college, I figured now was the right time to get a new sofa and I was going to go with the theme of my house and go super girlie on the style this time!  We spent the better part of the day shopping tons of furniture stores that are all sporting Memorial Day sales!  I had a picture in my mind -- had to be shabby chic, had to have floral with stripes and a ticking stripe pattern, had to be comfy ... and look what I found at Haverty's!!!!!  I couldn't have dreamed this one up any better!!!  We actually went back to this store 3 times and I just kept coming back to this same set!

The cushions are all reversible - floral shabby on one side and damask silk on the opposite side.  Tons of throw pillows that are all mix and match with floral, damask, plaid and a tiny print!  The only thing is I'll have to take the throw pillows to an upholsterer to have the plaid changed out -- they have orange and plum in them and my room is red and blue.  Not a biggie.  The overall couch is just perfect - mostly neutral in a taupey/cream color.  My hubby HATES it because it doesn't recline like his old dinosaur one ... but oh well!  He's making a man cave up on our third floor this fall, so he can knock himself out with whatever he does up there - I don't care!!!  He's talking black leather media room furniture with a 70" flat screen TV and a pool table - total man cave!  I'll be in my PINK stamping room while he's in the cave :)

And the best news is that they will deliver it next Tuesday so it'll be here just in time for my out-of-state company to arrive for my youngest son's graduation party!  I love it when a plan comes together!!!

So, no stampin' for me today, but a new couch - such a great day!

Stay tuned over at The Shabby Tea Room ... I'll be working on the winner's post and our next challenge post this evening to go live at midnight tonight!  A record breaking week this week in the Tea Room with more than 129 submissions as of right now!

And, wait until you see next week's sponsor and the prize package ... you'll surely want to play along for your chance to WIN a prize package valued at a bit over $70!!!  Play a couple of times to double your chances of winning!

I hope you're all having a happy and safe Memorial Day Holiday Weekend (to my stateside friends) and to those who live outside the US - hope you're having a wonderful and relaxing weekend :)

4 comments:

pattyo said...

I love this sofa! I am also on a quest for a new living room sofa. This would fit perfectly into my color scheme, although I know my husband and son wouldn't be thrilled with the flowers!!

june lanum said...

love your new sofa, I just got one to but a little different than yours..but I like mine to .. did you get your teapots?

Jinny Newlin said...

Yea! How exciting and soooo pretty! Hey, I've been meaning to stop in here to say thanks so much for the comment you left on my blog a few weeks back. It was so sweet and heartfelt and meant so much to little 'ol me :). Thank you!

Pam said...

What a fab couch! It is just the cutest! ((HONEY)) don't think he would go for a new one...I will just have to envy yours.
~Pam L.