Tuesday, May 25, 2010

So many challenges ... so {sweet} and fun!

WOW ... this was a fun afternoon!  I finally got the last of my oldest son's 'college dorm room stuff' cleaned and packed away until he needs it again in August when he returns to school.  Good to have my upstairs hallways back!!

So, I treated myself to some play time after my 'chores' and played with a bunch of current challenges -- what a great week in blog land it is!



I used some brand new October Afternoon Fly a Kite papers I just got in the mail on Saturday -- Aren't the colors so vibrant and pretty?  I also {heart} that adorable blue and white polka dotted wide ribbon - yum!



I've been wanting to give one of these precious paper and embellie cupcakes a try for the longest time, but just had to find time and the 'right' challenges!  I couldn't find a template or instructions, so I winged it and just made a pattern up on my own.  It looks like a cupcake to me!!



This set is really so much prettier IRL!  It's all sugared up with lots of glitter!!  I used a new Sizzix die called flowers 3-D for the 'frosting' rosette on the top of the cupcake!  The die makes 2 sizes of 3-D flowers - here I used the small one.  They are very similar to the spiral paper flowers you've all seen me make many times here on my creations.  I also used 4 layers of  'frosting' with a crocheted doilie, wide grosgrain ribbon, antique yo-yo and smaller grosgrain ribbon!  The 'sprinkles' are Prima flowers and corduory buttons from SU!  I'm in {love} with my new scalloped die-namics dies from My Favorite Things!! 

The card also includes lots more yummy embellies including buttons, twine, trinket pin, brads, embossed paper, newsprint and some 'Vintage Winter White' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!

Challenges for these yummy creations:




2.  Cupcake Inspiration #60 - vanilla, orange & blue (I took the 'cupcake' part literally!!!)


3.  The Shabby Tea Room #11 - polka dots


4.  KL Stampin' N' Scrappin' #31 - all torn up/distressing


5.  Just a Little Something - sketch plus three (I stretched it on the sketch!)


6.  Pile It On! #20 - outside the box


7.  JUGS #34 - template (hope a handmade one counts!)


8.  The Pink Elephant #68 - orange


9.  Papertake Weekly - flowers


10.  Crafty Creations #68 - celebration or encouragement


11.  Easy Breezy Kewl #22 - Tangerine, Blue, Curry, Suede


12.  Meljen's Designs #8 - seeing spots


13.  Fussy and Fancy #11 - 3 images, 3 embellies, 3 DSP's


14.  Color Q #34 - celery, blue, pumpkin, chocolate, white


15.  Paper Sundaes #19 - fairy tale, book or poem (I used print from a 'book' and I'm sure there are lots of fairy tales that this cupcake creation would qualify for!)

16.  My Favorite Things - WSC - Take Note

17.  Flourishes #68 - make your own flowers


40 comments:

Justine said...

OOO Laaa Laaa, that is super yummy and what a funky & creative idea. I really like your fun flower with ribbon on the card also. I was wondering if I could get the code for the Shabby Team Room Challenges. I would like to put it on my blog.

Rachel Hope said...

OOOH! So fun! Love the embellie cupcake!!! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Anna said...

How cute! Love that cupcake!

pattyo said...

What a sweet set! I LOVE the cupcake!

Stephenie said...

Looks very yummy!

Stampin' Pam said...

Debbie this is fabulous - YES of course a homemade template counts - it's an adorable cupcake set - I've not tried a 3D cupcake yet but yours is fab. Thanks for playing along with JUGS again this week .

Juanita said...

Wow your cupcake turned out awesome, love all the layers and embellishments. Your card is a perfect match. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Dana Gustafson said...

Get out! I love a papr cupcake and coordinating card. No calories AND a totally delish treat for the crafty eye?! Awesome! I like the way you think Debbie! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Saskia said...

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

Greetings, Saskia
(Guest Designer)

Terrie B x said...

Debbie these are `Gorgeous` I love love your cupcake,Its delicious!!!!

I think your cupcake is `Fabulous` sooo creative TFS:)xxx

Audrey Pettit said...

wow, look at all those challenges! You go, girl! This set is so adorable. I love the blue and orange color scheme. That has always been one of my favorites. Beautiful card, and that cupcake is amazing. Love the "icing".

Carla aka scrappypug said...

so cucte! Just love the colors too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is so fun and gorgeous....fabulous...have a wonderful day!

enjoy *~*

Faye said...

Beautiful!

craftyb said...

Always a pleasure to visit...and you have 2 fabulous projects today...your cupcake is fantastic! I'm also enjoying this new paper collection...love how you've put it all together...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Julie - Kewlstamps said...

You did a great job with all the challenges and the colours were not that obvious to work with either:-)

THanks for including Easy Brezy Kewl in your challenges!

Ceal said...

Beautiful Debbie!

Risa said...

Hi Debbie,
Your card and cupcake are super yummy! I love your gorgeous DP and fabulous ribbon embellishments, so pretty!
hugs
Risa:)

Sprytebyrd said...

I love this! The card is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥

BethieJ said...

Debbie this is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the colors...
Why thank you for joining us at PIO!! ;) ;)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Wow, that's a lot of challenges for one project!! Very pretty work - Good luck!

Crystal said...

So pretty, love the cupcake! Thanks for playing along in this weeks Paper Sundaes Challenge :)

merniebug said...

OMG more adorable spots. You did a fab job with this project. Thanks for joing us here at Meljen's with your darling spots.

merniebug said...

OMG more adorable spots. You did a fab job with this project. Thanks for joing us here at Meljen's with your darling spots.

Gloria Stengel said...

This is so stinkin' cool! I love it. Love the colors and the ribbons and flowers...everything!Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch!

Cheryl said...

Wow - this is so cool! Thank you for joining us for the Meljen’s Designs challenge. We hope you will join us again.

Cheryl said...

Another sweet card! I love this image and the colors you used. Thank you for joining the Meljen's Designs challenge.

Silvia said...

This card and the cupcake are adorable. Love the way you used the orange on both of them!! Thanks for joining us at TPE!

Silvia~DT

Helen said...

These are fab - I love your cupcake!
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On!
Helen x

HappyCrafter said...

What a fun card and neat project, Thanks for playing along with us this week at Paper Sundaes!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Oh my! What lovely creations! The cupcake is so beautiful!

Stampin Mindy said...

Great colors, I love the ribbon flower.

Thank you very much for participating in the Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge!

Kelly - KL Stampin N Scrappin said...

Great coordinating card and cupcake. Interesting color combo.

Kel

Tanja said...

Wowzer, great set and I love how you used the cqc colors. Thanks for playing with us

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Adorable card & Cupcake!! Love them both!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
Sheri~TPE DT

April Rose said...

What a gorgeous card and cupcake! I love the colors and ribbons! Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Betty Wright said...

Debbie, this is absolutely incredible and so beautifully done! LOVE the whole look and design! The cupcake is just scrumptious! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Makiko Jones said...

Ooooh....what a fabulous project, Debbie!! They are so beautiful and fun!
Thank you for joining the FTTC with us :)

Nana said...

Amazing set, Debbie, love the colors!

Dalis said...

wow debbie, this is breath taking... a tad late... but I am running so behind... wow girl... you rocked it!


-- dalis
PIO Owner