Monday, May 10, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #9!

I hope all you moms out there had a WONDERFUL and very happy Mother's Day yesterday! I got to spend it with my hubby and two sons -- a great day!


This is my design for this week's challenge in The Shabby Tea Room - use 'chipboard'. I just {heart} how this sweet little card turned out and gave it to myself for Mother's day ... can you do that?? Well, I did!

Melissa is our talented host for Week #9 and decided it was time for us all to play with chipboard. This was easy peesy for me ... I could eat chipboard -- I love it a LOT!

I got to spend a stampy day with some of my crafting friends this past week - we did a road trip to our LSS which is about an hour from my home. I stocked up on lots of my favs, including tons of Prima and Tattered Angels goodies!

Here is how this card came together for me:

Cardstock is my {beloved} Blush Blossom from SU! (need to order a bunch of that before they retire it). The patterned papers are from Fancy Pants and Anna Griffin. I pleated the AG paper and attached it on the bottom of my design like a paper ruffle! On top of that is a layer of vintage lace trim from Prima and tied around that is some 'Baby Pink Berry' Shabby Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!

I inked the edges of all elements and used stamps from The Girls' Paperie and PTI. The pearl swirls, glitterd flower and leaves are all Prima; trinket pin is Maya Road.
I sprited both a paper doilie and the Tattered Angels Glimmer chip piece with Creme de Rouge and Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist. I cut the middle out of the paper doilie and then folded it up into a smaller circle, added some glitter and used it to frame the Prima flower.
Lastly, I applied some Tattered Rose Distress Crackle Paint to the glimmered chipboard piece. When dry, I sanded it down to age and distress and then I lightly spritzed the piece with Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist again to futher age.
Lots of goodness on this shabby little vintage treasure!
Hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room and give our "Chipboard" challenge a try this week! I can't wait to see what you all create :)
Please visit the other DT Member blogs for additional inspiration:
Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations
Hugs!

7 comments:

Evgenia said...

So pretty!

Debbi said...

Wow! That is gorgeous!
*smiles*
debbi

Nicole said...

Another pretty Debbie creation! :) Great job with the chipboard, and love your touch of seam binding!

Audrey Pettit said...

Very sweet little card, Debbie! How fun you gave it to yourself for Mother's Day. Love all the pink and the yummy trims.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Very pretty! My kind of colors!

pattyo said...

Beautiful card! You have wonderful details!

Dawn said...

I love the dress cage on this card very shabby chic

Love Dawn xx