Monday, May 31, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #12!

This week for #12 in The Shabby Tea Room, Audrey is our lovely host and she chose the theme of  'Dear To My Heart' for us all to play with!  We are to create a card or project this week that has a heart theme or a heart as the main focal point of our designs - fun!

This week Just Rite is the sponsor for the Tea Room ... how fun is that?  They supplied the DT gals with such amazing stamp sets - and many of them from their brand new, hot off the press release!


The prize package this week is valued at nearly $70 - WOW!!!
Some of the DT gals took this opportunity to create two designs this week since JR supplied us with two stamp sets to work with, so for my first design I used the new "Friendship Set" that is a 3 1/4" circle set with 6 borders and centers.  The sentiment ... 'A heart that loves is always young' worked perfectly for our 'Dear To My Heart' theme this week in the Tea Room!  I also spritzed a paper heart doilie with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and then glittered it up!



The DSP's I used are from Prima's Raspberry Tea line - delish!  I tied this pretty little package up with some 'Paradise Aqua Mist' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop!  Isn't that circle sentiment and image just stunning??

For my second little creation, I decided to work with Just Rite's 'Applique Set' which is a 2" square set and includes 4 borders and centers.  The squres looked like little mini quilts to me, so I ran with that idea and made a quilt out of paper and hung it with teeny, tiny clothespins from a Tim Holtz die!  The papers are from October Afternoon's Fly a Kite and Thrift Shop lines - yum!  If you look very closely (click on the pic to enlarge it), you can see that the quilt design on the stamped image looks like it is hearts ... goes with our theme for the Tea Room again!!  I {heart} the sentiment around the image ... 'stitched with love'.



Now your turn ... hop on over to The Shabby Tea Room to be inspired by all the DT gals lovely work and then create a card or two of your own for our challenge this week!  Extra 'bonus points' if you use a Just Rite product in your design ... be sure to leave me a comment if you do so I can look for it!!!

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jill's Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Thanks for peeking and have fun with this challenge :)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Very pretty cards, Debbie! Love those jumbo scallops and patterned paper - yumm-o! :)

pattyo said...

Such sweet cards!

Sasya said...

Hi, Debbie! such wonderful cards you did! i love your blog, you are very talented person.

thank you for visiting me!

hugs from Russia,
Sasya