Monday, May 17, 2010

The Shabby Tea Room - Week #10


We're getting ready for the fast-approaching Memorial Day Weekend which will be here shortly, so the theme this week that our lovely host, Nicole, has choosen is: 'Stars & Stripes'!  There is a picture posted for inspiration of the American flag - so appropriate!

I pulled out some of my favorites including: Webster's Pages DSP, some Kraft CS and scrap cardboard pieces (coffee hugs from Panera Bread!), hemp cording, buttons, vintage antique yo-yo's, star chipboard, glitter, antique grunge safety pins and die from Tim Holtz, Die-namics scalloped die from My Favorite Things and, of course, some yummy 'Oatmeal Cream' Shabby Vintage Seam Binding from my Etsy Shop {love it}!!!  And ... wha-la!  Happy Memorial Day :)

Please visit our talented Design Team Member individual blogs for lots more inspiration this week!

Audrey Pettit - Audrey Pettit's Weblog
Jill Hilliard - Jills' Card Creations
Melissa Hubert - My Paper Obsession
Nicole Segnere - My Craft Room Creations

Now your turn!!  I can't wait to see all of your awesome creations for our 'Stars & Stripes" themed challenge this week :)

PS - The JUGS girlies are hosting a Red, White & Blue theme this week too!

11 comments:

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Love all the layers & detail! Thanks so much for playing along with JUGs x2 :)

Justine said...

WOW, I absolutely LOVE your creation! Gotta go see what I can do for Memorial Day

Audrey Pettit said...

Super adorable card, Debbie! LOVE that patterned paper. ;) Your seam binding bow and yo-yo embellie are so pretty here. Lovely job!

Nicole said...

Great card, Debbie! Perfect for this challenge! Love those stars - perfect touch! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

This card is AMAZING Debbie!!! I've always loved red white and blue, and combining it with this vintage/shabby look is simply STUNNING! Btw, got the shabby seam binding and I'm in LOVE :)

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

so gorgeous, great card...have a fabulous week!

enjoy *~*

Lisa Kind said...

You do vintage so well! I'm envious! This is so pretty! Love all the shabby details! Thanks for playing our JUGs color challenge again!

Stampin' Pam said...

Lovely 2nd card - I'm amazed at how you can even make "Americana" look vintage!

Kathryn B said...

This is such a beautiful vintage card! I love everything about it!

Stacy said...

Fantastic card!!! Love everything about it :)

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Nice card! Love the different papers used to build it.